🔸Imagine 4 - Coming back to Mirkwood and never expecting Thranduil's reaction

Imagine coming to Mirkwood with Legolas and your son and never expecting Thranduil's reaction.

Part one:

Legolas had never been fond of the idea of returning home even after the fellowship had successfully destroyed the one ring and he came home to a family of his own.

It's not as if he didn't want to, rather, he's just quite worried as to how his father would take the news upon his arrival.

He not only married a mortal without his father's consent, but also had a child of his own to said woman - his darling wife, [Y/n]. Thus it was already a given that his 5 year old son, Caelestis would be half an elf and a human.

The king had never looked up to the likes of mortal men and had always deemed himself and his race of a higher stature than everybody else's, and Legolas -above all else- knew it better than anyone.

He is the king's only son after all.

But that didn't stop his wife from convincing him that Caelestis deserved to at least see his only known living grandfather and Thranduil deserves equally as much to see his own grandson to his only child.

"My love, I'm sure your father already had a change of heart after all these years." The [h/c]-nette woman consoled him and held her husband's hands in her smaller ones as they stood in front of the gates of the Mirkwood palace. [Y/n] didn't want to be a hypocrite and so she added, "darling, I, myself, am quite anxious as to how this reunion would turn out. But look at Cael, does it not make you see just how much seeing another relative would brighten up and hopefully broaden his own little world?"

And it is true, all these years, Caelestis had never really known that much people or elves aside from his parents, that he really had a connection with.

All there was was Lord Elrond, Lady Galadriel, Lord Celeborn, and her mother's best friend, Gallaghad, that he all referred to as his uncles and aunt. Not that they minded, all of them are delighted to authentically take on the roles, especially Lord Elrond who grew quite attached to the child -being the only other half elf apart from himself.

Their little bundle of joy bounced around the balls of his feet and continued pestering them with questions as to how his grandfather looked like to how he is as an elf and everything else in between. His snow blond locks swirling around him as he took his surroundings in with awe dazzling in the [e/c] hues he inherited from his mother.

"Ada!" He called out and ran towards his father, "what is grandfather like? Does he look like you or do you look like him?" He asked for the umpteenth time, smiling up at the older ellon as he tugged on the end of his father's tunic.

Legolas only chuckled at this and lifted his little boy into his arms, "I do not know, little one. Maybe it is for you to find out since you meeting him in person is the exact reason why we travelled all this way." He reached one hand up to playfully pinch the boy's nose.

Caelestis pouted at his lack of a proper answer and this only earned him a hearty laugh and a spin from his father.

[Y/n] could feel butterflies flapping warm fuzzy air inside her heart every time she sees and hears her husband's mirth as he acts each and every way a responsible and loving father would do to their son. She had always envisioned the ellon to be a gentle and affectionate lover and ada, and as always, he never failed to meet and exceed her expectations.

Approaching her beloved ellons, she then wrapped an arm around her husband's torso from behind, leaning on his shoulder to sneak a quick peck on their child's cheek as she cooed, "Your ada does have a point, Cael. How your grandfather would look like should be a surprise for you to find out later." She winked and her little proposal didn't fail to make her son's eyes widen in anticipation for a surprise.