🔸Imagine 5 part 4 - Imagine being interrogated by Theodred and Eowyn

★Imagine being interrogated by Theodred and Eowyn after the first day of your lesson

"So how was it?" Both Theodred and [Y/n] barely even made it towards their quarters when Eowyn quickly went towards them with a bit too much anticipation and bounce on her steps, her hands lifting the sides of her dress up so as to keep herself from tripping due to the excessive fabric.

[Y/n] was more than willing to elaborate the events of her day in great detail. Both adults found themselves sitting on the floor inside their room with the energetic girl babbling on right in front of them.

"-and then we snuck in and we almost made it when Theo caught us midway!" She gasped for breath for merely half a second before continuing, "I nearly thought he would be punishing Legolas because I went home late!"

The prince rose an eyebrow, "You did not just nearly think of it, you did think about it. And you were talking about a melon and not Pri-"

Eowyn elbowed him on the ribs before he could even finish.

"Ow!" Catching himself, his own blue eyes widened upon realization. He threw the blonde woman an apologetic look before going on, "As I was saying, you were talking about the melon fruit and not Legolas if I heard things correctly, which I'm sure I did."

This made the little [h/c]nette giggle uncontrollably at the memory once more, "I wasn't talking about the fruit, Theo!" She playfully punched the older man's arm, the latter pretending to be hurt by sporting a grimace. [Y/n] only stuck her tongue out at him and continued, "Mellon means 'friend' in Elvish." She explained proudly, puffing her chest for knowing something that both adults pretended not to know.

"Oh, I see! Our little princess is doing her homework quite well, is she not?" The king was suddenly by the entrance to their room, a smile on his face upon seeing the animated girl running towards him. Upon reaching her destination, the old man was quick to scoop her up into a hug, "How was your day, little princess?" He twirled her around.

"It was great! Thank you, uncle!" Her twinkling laughter resounded throughout the room as she flailed her arms and begged to be set down on the ground once more.

To which the king of Rohan had been more than willing to comply as his back had long felt sore from the mere effort of carrying something heavier than his own sword.

Theoden King sat himself with his son and nieces, the youngest continuing with her tale in unwavering felicity until the last man made his appearance.

"I have heard that one particular little maiden in here had gone past bedtime. In fact, that little voice speaking of tales in such great enthusiasm is already supposed to be snoring around this time." Eomer opened the door and went in, looking down at his sisters with a single brow raised in askance.

Both rose their hands in a gesture of innocence, earning a slight shake of the eldest's head, "Do not think I have not known about [Y/n] being out past her curfew." The man sighed and sat in their little circle as well.

"Theo!" [Y/n] jutted her lip in a pout and sent her cousin a harmless little glare that made her resemble a bullied kitten.

Theodred's blue eyes blinked once before he furiously shook his head, "I assure you, [Y/n], I did not!"

Upon seeing the tears threatening to fall upon the thought of a possible betrayal from her own kin, Eomer decided to clear things up, "It was not Theodred who told me about your little escapade. Legolas himself went to me and told me about it, apologizing and asking me not to punish you for being such a zealous little girl. He also said you did quite well for a first timer." He smiled approvingly and reached out to muss the little girl's head, hoping his face had been enough of a sign to tell the girl that everything would be alright and that he understood, "you did a good job." He added for good measure.

The grin that spread across their youngest's face almost looked as if it hurt and threatened to split her face into two, "Brother!" She whined half-heartedly and dove into the blond man's arms to coltishly punch his sturdy chest.

Eomer chuckled and wrapped his arms around the girl, "So is that a yes? You enjoyed your day?" He prompted, anticipating his little sister's answer.

Knowing that the girl never really had that much friends or hobbies, any form of life or fascination outside the palace walls, the kitchens or her own room, this would be bigger than it would look like for the people who never knew them beyond being members of the royal family.

Both him and Eowyn understood that it is already due time for them to help expand their youngest's inconveniently contained world if she is to live and grow as a noble lady -and perhaps one day- to rule over Rohan as well. A notion that their own little family -along with the king and Theodred as well- had agreed upon for the future.

A yawned "Of course I did!" Made all four adults snort and chuckle. Their uncle and cousin excusing themselves to tend to personal matters before retiring to bed after one last kiss on top of the little girl's head.

"Good night, Eowyn, Eomer and [Y/n]." The king bade and practically having to shoo his very much unwilling son out of the door as the siblings returned synchronized 'goodbyes' before finally closing it behind them.

-----☆To be continued