Imagine 5 part 6 - Imagine Legolas finally returning to Meduseld

★Imagine Legolas finally returning to Meduseld.

Life wouldn't always be full of sunshine and daisies. That much the young Eilyn had learned...

The hard way.

All the misfortune that had befallen Meduseld began ever since the shady sorcerer, Grima Wormtongue, had set foot on their borders.

Eomer and Eowyn did their utmost best to hide their little sister from the conjurer at all costs, especially after they found out the extent the evil of his magic could do.

Eilyn was more than willing to comply. She didn't like the aura surrounding the man and the stranger's ill-favored look only gave her all the more reason not to trust him.

He did just poison their uncle's mind after all. And it was also because of him that Theodred and his men are often gone and sent to the battlefield these days.

She wasn't completely oblivious about whatever darkness it is that had begun stirring beyond their borders. It took her awhile of thoughtful consideration before she finally decided to talk to her siblings about her concerns.

Fortunately, she was able to get ahold of both Eomer and Eowyn before they went about their individual businesses for the day.

"Brother, sister, we need to talk." Eilyn starts as she opened the door to the house she had taken residence in for awhile.

Both blonds had exchanged looks and as always, it was Eomer who was quick to come up with and willing enough to speak of an excuse, "Eilyn, are you sure it couldn't wait? We have things to do for the day." He begins, standing rooted to where he was leaning on her doorframe.

The red head shook her head, "No, it could not, brother. So, if you don't mind?" She gave the man a determined look and stepped to the side, gesturing for them to step in, which they did. There's no possibility of turning their little sister down at this point anyways, and Eilyn knew of this full-well.

And as always, she's more than willing to use it to her advantage.

"What is it that you would want to talk about, Eilyn?" Eowyn began, taking a seat on the sofa that laid infront of the fireplace.

"Uncle's getting worse. Everything else is," The young woman started to pace, a frustrated look on her face, "What's happening? Why are you still keeping that foul sorcerer inside Rohan's court?" She spun on the heel of her boot to finally face her siblings once more.

A grave look crossed Eomer's face for a moment before it was replaced with his usual determined facade. He had never been this protective of their youngest before.

Sure, she had grown beautifully over the past few years and is already near her coming-of-age, not to mention that she had also grown to be such an adept fighter, but the fact still remains that the world is slowly crumbling into ruins, he's the eldest and is her brother, and she doesn't need to see the disaster that is their kingdom at the moment.

Who knows the extent of the foolishness she's bound to do once she knows of the state their beloved uncle is in now, or the suicide mission Theodred was sent to just before the break of dawn a day ago.

"We..." Scrunching his brows due to his incapability to think of a plausible excuse, the man sighs in defeat and glances at the blonde woman on the seat beside him.

Eowyn had a pained look on her face as she, too, acknowledged the impossibility of keeping their youngest sister in the dark now that everything is already falling apart and they could no longer contain the destruction in so little a space as their parted hands in the face of tiny grains of sand.