🔸Imagine 5 part 3 - Imagine playing stubborn against your mentor, Legolas

★Imagine playing stubborn against your mentor, Legolas but giving in in the end

And

Imagine sneaking back into the castle with Legolas at night...

It took her quite sometime around their lesson to realize she still haven't introduced herself.

She stepped towards another target and began to aim on her own after the elf had effortlessly and successfully taught her the basics of where it is best to place her feet, hands and focus her gaze on.

All this time, Legolas had been by her side, correcting her posture had it been wrong and giving her words of encouragement when her hands would begin shaking and hope when frustration would begin consuming her after a few fruitless attempts of haphazardly flying arrows and missing targets.

And this one in particular had been her first bull's eye before their last break.

"I did it!" She raised a fist in the air and turned to face her mentor with glee radiating from her face.

The elf clapped his hands in approval and crouched down to pat the girl's head, "Indeed, young miss. Now, shall we have a short break?" He offered his hand to her as he stood up.

[Y/n] nodded and took his hand, especially grateful for a chance to fill her rumbling stomach and quench the thirst that had not been noticeable at first from when she was too fixated on shooting arrows.

Leading them towards the wooden benches on the side, [Y/n] saw the picnic basket her sister had brought for them a couple of hours ago and that was just when she realized how late it had already become.

Eowyn, true to her promise, went just before the sun went down but [Y/n] had refused to go home with her. Not until she successfully shot bull's eyes on all of the targets Legolas had set up around the field.

She was only lucky enough that Lord Aragorn had been able to convince her sister that the elf is trustworthy enough to leave with [Y/n] and Legolas himself had offered to bring her home after she had finished her tasks.

Which means there's four more targets left to go.

She was nibbling on her apple pie when she spoke up, "I haven't introduced myself properly yet, have I?" She turned to ask the elf who was gracefully eating a sandwich.

Legolas turned to her with a small smile, nodding his head, "I have noticed, but you were enjoying yourself too much that I would not have wanted to ruin it by asking for your name. Although," he trailed off, tipping his head a bit to the side, "may I ask for it now?"

[Y/n] giggled, "Of course! My name is [Y/n], [Y/n] [choice of surname]." She answered truthfully.

The elf furrowed his brows, "Your surname is different from your siblings and the king. I do not understand."

"I'm adopted," she shrugged casually, "the king took me in when what was left of my village had been destroyed by the orcs, I was merely four back then." The little girl elaborated in great detail without flinching, showing such a resilient strength he had never seen from a girl her age before.

Watching the sudden grim expression that loomed over her mentor's face, [Y/n] decided to continue in an attempt to lighten up the mood, because a frown definitely doesn't fit his fair features as much as his smile does, "But I could barely remember what happened back then. I could only be utmost grateful that the king had taken me in as his own when I had nowhere else to go, and that's a little bit more than just enough for me." She grinned and finished her pie, downing her container of apple juice as she stood back up and stretched, "Now let's start shooting some more arrows." She yawned.