Imagine 5 part 8 - Imagine celebrating your coming of age with your mentor

★Imagine celebrating your coming-of-age with your mentor

"Legolas?" Aragorn's voice questioned from the girl's other side as if to remind his companion of the urgency of their quest.

Both student and mentor turned to the sound of the Dunedain's voice with startled looks that made the man feel most guilty for having interjected with their little reunion.

The raven haired man rose one hand up to scratch the back of his neck in an attempt to rid himself of the embarrassment he's currently feeling, "Pardon me, I did not mean to interrupt."

To which Legolas only replied with an almost cheeky smile,

"Do not worry, Aragorn. I believe a lesson in temperance would not take too long." He then turns back to the young woman infront of him and sends her a fond smile, "Especially with how much my lady had grown." One of his hands reaches up to touch one warm cheek.

A leniant and understanding look spread across the ranger's face as he nodded his head in approval, "I must agree with that."

A bright red blush consumed Eilyn's face.

The teasing look Eowyn had thrown her way didn't help her in the slightest.

She doesn't even know what to feel when her older sister began speaking,

"Oh!" The blonde woman clapped her hands together in excitement as she faced their uncle and Theodred, "Eilyn's coming-of-age ceremony is tomorrow!"

Both the king and his son's eyes brightened at the remembrance.

"Indeed! I had almost forgotten." The old king exclaimed before walking over towards the direction of the Fellowship who somehow ended up crowding around his precious little princess.

Following closely behind his father, Theodred spoke up merrily, "I suggest we hold a feast in the name of Rohan's dearest princess, and your recovery, dear father."

Theoden paused in his tracks and gave his son an approving sidewards smile, "Of course."

"I shall make the preparations!" Eowyn volunteered with haste, and Theodred not wasting a single breath before seconding the motion, "It will be my greatest honor to partake with the arrangement of such an auspicious event as planning my dearest sister's coming-of-age!"

The king chuckled at the doting duos behavior. Glad that both blonds are slowly getting back up their own two feet.

Ever since Eilyn had come to their lives, the two had always been the enthusiastic and almost childish pair of older brother and sister to their youngest.

Jumping into action before the red haired little girl could even mutter a single request, shoving pastries upon pastries and books upon books on her face -even though the girl herself never even asked for it- just to make her happy.

Always taking her side during arguments and negotiations with Eomer, not to mention how both are always too willing to cover up for the red haired girl's often impetuous escapades.

It almost doesn't require Theoden to look at Eomer to know the blond man's reaction at the two's childish antics. He knows it all by heart now.

How the eldest would always have this look on his face that is torn between amusement and mild exhaustion with having to deal with the responsibility of having to tone down the duos tendencies to spoil the girl. How he would cross his muscular arms across his chest and shake his head in feigned helplessness all the while calling out to the two and staring them down with his serious blue hues as if to ask them for the justifications of their excessive fawning.