🔸Imagine 4.5 - Imagine Legolas and Thranduil talking about you

Imagine Legolas and Thranduil talking about you.

Part two:

It had been an awful lot of time since Legolas could recall having any form of decent conversation with his father that didn't turn into a full-on argument. One of which where he would just end up storming off and his father's billowing voice calling out from behind him being completely overwhelmed by his deafeningly heavy footfalls.

But so is not the case today.

"So why have I not heard of a wedding?" His father asked calmly, sitting behind the elegant wooden chair behind his table, piercing icy blue eyes emotionlessly fixed on him.

Both father and son are currently having a rather decent yet uneasy conversation that mostly revolved around the things that Legolas had refused to tell and kept hidden from his ada all these years.

The prince momentarily averted his gaze in embarrassment, finding himself shying away from that all-knowing gaze, "I do not think you would have approved of it, ada. Seeing that [Y/n] is mortal and-"

"Indeed she is." The elvenking had cut his son off and gracefully leaned back on his seat, "But that did not stop you from loving her, did it?"

Legolas nodded his head with conviction, "It did not, ada and even if you are to disapprove-"

"Why are you so quick to assume that I would disapprove of it?" Thranduil shook his head, long strands of platinum blond swaying in every movement, a wistful smile curving his seemingly perpetually down turned lips upwards.

"I do not- pardon me, ada but you have not taken my fixation with Tauriel lightly back then and she is of our kind." He feebly countered, confusion evident on how often he seemed to blink his own set of blue eyes.

His father isn't making much sense right now. If he didn't know better, he would harm a guess that the king actually approves of his wife -and the thought is much uplifting as it is bewildering.

A low chuckle escaped the king's lips as he slightly bent forwards and steepled his fingers over the smooth surface of his desk, "I have reasons as to why I did what I had done, ion nin."

Legolas' eyes widened in realization as to what his father implied, "Y-you knew?!" He exclaimed in disbelief.

His father snickered as if his son is but an oblivious little elfling once more and all the knowledge in the world is within his disposal,

"I know true love when I see it, Legolas. The priestess' heart is as devout as it had been from the first day she had seen you, even as you selflessly offered yourself to Tauriel's indifferent fascination, and up until now. Never had she once strayed or even so much as tried to forget you, instead, she harnessed her skills in order to be of a more fitting pair for you should the time come."

"How did you know?"

"Lord Elrond kept me posted on the details. He deems it necessary so as I asked him of the favor. I am still your father after all."

Legolas could feel the tears of shame threatening to fall off his eyes, "I-I did not know you are aware of all those, ada. Forgive me for doubting the extent of your empathy." He was just about to bow his head in apology when the king rose a hand to stop him.

"There is no need for that, ion nin. I, myself, should ask for your pardon. I have not been at all present to be a father -your father- as you grew up as much as I had overlooked the balconies of this kingdom as it's king, and for that I am truly sorry. All I ask for now is that you make the most of the decisions that you had made," he suddenly paused as if realizing something and looked straight into his son's eyes, "you are aware of the consequences of the choice you had made, am I right, my dear son?" His gaze held a weight in them that clearly displayed the genuine concern he felt for his dearest leaf's well-being.