🔸Imagine 5 - Imagine being a young human girl and wanting to learn to fight

★Imagine being a young human girl and wanting to learn how to fight

[Y/n] is the youngest sister of both Lord Eomer and Lady Eowyn. The young girl never found herself going out often due to certain reasons she's yet to admit aloud, thus, the people of Rohan never actually knew of her existence -aside from King Theoden himself and Prince Theodred.

She had never been as fair as her older sister and more often than not finds herself pouting because her hair is not even nearly as pretty as Eowyn's. On the worst days it could even be more uncooperative than her older brother Eomer's. [Y/n] always wondered why her hair had always been significantly different compared to her siblings'.

But she's yet to admit of those insecurities, she's barely even of seven years after all. These things should be the least of her concerns. For now, she just really wanted to learn how to fight.

[Y/n] had always been different compared to the other children her age. Kids around five to ten years enjoyed playing and did not favour studying. They are the ones most frightened by wars because they are still yet to be taught of fighting-

which is the main reason why one fateful morning, the little girl blurted out of her desire to learn how to defend herself and a few of her close friends.

All of them had been gathered inside the dining hall of the palace for breakfast. King Theoden sitting at the head of the long table while his son and Eomer sat on both sides of him, Eowyn taking the seat beside her brother and little [Y/n] moving to sit beside the prince whom she considered as her best buddy.

"Uncle, uncle!" The girl literally bounced up and down her seat a bit too enthusiastically, causing the servants serving their meals to smile at her antics.

King Theoden looked up from where he was currently reading a piece of parchment to acknowledge his niece, "Yes, what is it my dear [Y/n]?"

"I want to learn how to fight!" She exclaimed excitedly, her [h/l] [h/c] locks scattering all over the place, a few strands of which hitting Theodred on the face and causing the young man to chuckle.

"Easy now, [Y/n]." The prince attempted to calm the overly enthusiastic girl by putting a gentle hand on her head and mussing her hair fondly.

Eomer found himself stiffening at his sister's proclamation, Eowyn of course noticed this and placed a comforting hand on her older brother's arm.

"[Y/n], no." The blond rider said in a stern tone as his blue eyes set down on his little sister's bright [e/c] ones.

[Y/n] quickly sat up and braced her hands on the edge of the table in front of her, potatoes forgotten, "But-" she whined only to be cut off by her overprotective brother.

"That's final." He hastily dismissed the conversation before it even began so much as to get the attention of their uncle, turning to shovel the rest of his breakfast into his mouth.

Who of course he knew would disapprove of his decision to keep [Y/n] far from what he thinks is potential danger.

But it wasn't he who voiced his thoughts first.

"Dear cousin, why would you deprive [Y/n] of such a simple request?" Theodred spoke up from his side of the table, graciously laying his utensils down as he watched the young girl sulking beside him with concern in his eyes.

[Y/n] looked up from where she was glowering at her food to her older cousin, sending him a little smile -to which the prince gave her a sly reassuring wink to- before going back to tossing her vegetables around the plate with her fork, getting the signal that he would have her back on this like he always did.