Playground

~Not Edited~

"You are going to fall and break your neck if you climb up there. What are you doing?" Yuca climbed up on top of a playhouse.

"Babe, when have you ever seen superman get hurt?" He asked. "Now give me your hand and get up here."

"You are bat shit crazy if you think I am climbing up there with you."

"Come on, just put your foot on that rail and I will pull you up here."

"You're drunk!" I exclaimed.

"I swear on my life that I will never drop you." I couldn't deny the seriousness in his eyes and the declaration in his voice.

I sighed, trusting that he wouldn't let me fall on my ass and was surprised when he just pulled me on top of the fort after me climbing on one of the bars. When I knew I was firmly sitting on the top, I was met by his smiling drunken face.

"I told you I wouldn't let you fall."

"Thanks Superman." I kissed him softly.

I nestled my head into the crook of his neck while we sat looking down at the park that we all decided to go to. It was just around the corner from the girls' apartment so it seemed like the safest option without going to far. Vic and Diego were laying on the old squeaky merry go round. While Sylvia and Raymond were lying inside the tube slide below us. The playground wasn't big and it was severely outdated. The only other thing it had was four rusty old swings. Surrounded by the apartments. We had to be quiet so no one called to complain to the cops.

"I feel so much better now." He whispered.

"Were you sick or something?" I asked.

"No I just have been wanting to see you all day."

I looked into his eyes to see if I could read them again. You know the saying. A drunk man's word is an honest word.

"Yuca, how do you know things between you and I are really going to work?"

"I don't know."

I didn't know what I wanted him to say, but he didn't sound confident about our relationship.

"There is just so much that feels right that how can it not work?"

"What do you mean?"

He grabs my hand, bringing them into view."If you're not the one then why does my hand fit yours this way?"

He lays us down and I comfortably place my head on his chest."If you are not mine then why does your body mold together with mine so perfectly?"

He kisses the top of my head and sighs."I will never know what the future brings but I know that you are here with me now and I hope that you are the one I spend the rest of my life with." 

***********************************************************************************************

Author's Note:

This was a dream and I decided to write this down. Short and sweet. I hope you like it. Things have been hectic, but I hope to be able to put more time into this book soon because I want to finish it and edit it soon. 

Thank you to everyone who reads and votes. Your support means the world to me!