Mind Games

I woke up to a cold, dark room with my head feeling like someone was beating on it like a drum. I sat up in the squeaky bed that I had been laying on, rubbing my head and eyes, trying to get the pain to go away. I looked around not knowing where I was because I couldn't see anything but I remembered what happened. The only light I had was coming from under the door.   

I got up and walked to the door to turn the knob, but found that it was locked. I turned around with my back to the door and looked around the room. There was no window or no other door, but it had a small bed, tall dresser and clothes thrown everywhere.  Not knowing what else to do, I moved to the dresser to see if I could find something I could use or figure out where I was. 

Looking in the drawers, but found nothing but a wrench. A long, heavy wrench. If this was all I could find then I was just going to have to use what I got.  I put the wrench in my back pocket  and kept rummaging through the rest of the drawers which was filled with nothing but clothes. Until I got to the last drawer.   

Inside, what I found was a lot of pictures of me. Of me at the store, at the gym and, at school. Various other places as well and no telling from how long. The drawer was filled with pictures.

What the fuck.

Either Rene had been following me or he had someone else follow me. 

Holy shit. 

The realization that someone was tracking my every step was beyond disturbing and scared the shit out of me because this whole time I had no clue. I heard footsteps getting close to the door so I slammed the drawer as softly but as fast as I could, ran back to the bed, slipped the wrench under the pillow and laid back down with  my back facing the door. 

I heard the shuffle of keys and the door open and I frantically tried to calm my racing heart. I tried my damn best to pretend I was asleep. Which is really hard to do when you are low key freaking the fuck out. 

Who ever opened the door, walked slowly to me, sat next to me on the bed and started playing with my hair. 

"Isabel?" Renee whispered.

I didn't answer while trying not to cringe from him touching me.

Normally, if someone played with my hair that would put me right to sleep. Today, however did nothing to calm my nerves. All I wanted to do was get up and run. 

He then started to rub my arms, my side and my leg. Running his disgusting sweaty hand down my body. 

I could feel his hot breath on the back of my neck and I could hear that his breathing was changing, getting faster. 

He put his hand inside my shirt and rubbed my stomach in circles. Renee nestled his face into my hair, taking long breaths. 

I prayed that he wouldn't put his hand on my chest. That would be a dead giveaway that I was awake because I could feel my heart racing. I focused on how long I took my breaths in and out

Breathe in 1,2,3 hold. Out 1,2,3 hold. 

In the distance I heard a door open and slam shut then someone yelling out Renee's name. He cursed under his breath, but got up from the bed, walked out the door closing it behind him.

I shot up in the bed not knowing what to do. There was only one way out and that was through the door. I could hear the talking outside the door, but couldn't understand what they were saying.  Not long after that, I heard the voices getting closer and I made it just in time to lay back down before the door came flying open again.