"If anything, the sweat makes it more fun."

It was 88 degrees outside, but I swear it felt like 100.

I was going on a run because I do a couple times a week, no matter how much I don't want to.

I rolled out of bed when my alarm went off at 8 and groaned thinking about how shitty my next hour or so of living would be.

I got up, did my bathroom stuff, put on a sports bra and shorts, and went into the kitchen.

After I ate a small breakfast and drank some water, I plugged headphones into my phone, slipped on my sneakers, put my hair in a bun, and headed to the door.

"Helloooo." Grayson said in a deep voice looking me up and down as I opened the door. He immediately put his hands around my waist and leaned in to kiss me.

"Not right now." I said dodging it and pushing him off.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asked concerned.

"I don't want to go exercise. It's so freaking hot outside." I whined.

"Yeah it is pretty hot, but think about how good you'll feel after."

"I know."

"What are doing?"

"Running the loop, so 2.8 miles."

"Can I come?"

"Yeah if you want to."

"Yeah, sure, I'll make sure you don't die of heat stroke." He said taking off his shirt and tossing it on my kitchen counter.

"Wow thanks." I said sarcastically as we headed out of my apartment building and outside.

The sudden change of temperature was like a punch to my lungs.

The air was so hot and thick I wanted to puke.

We ran and ran and ran.

We took a break when we got to this bridge with a cool view.

Me and Grayson go on runs together sometimes and when we do we walk along the bridge and talk, then run the rest.

"Holy shit it's hot as balls." I said panting as I put my arms above my head trying to slow my breathing.

"You're gross." Gray said also panting and leaning against the railing.

We raced each other here from about 200 meters away.

We were both dripping sweat.

And I'd be lying if I said Gray didn't look hot as fuck right now.

He noticed me checking him out

"Take a picture it'll last longer." He said in an idiotic voice because whenever people say that in movies we always make fun of it.

"Okay." I said taking out my phone, snapping some pictures.

"You need to pose and stop making ugly faces."

"This is just my face."

"Oh, well, make a different one." I said laughing.

I took a few more and stopped when I was satisfied with one.

"Okay, let's walk." I said turning away and starting to walk along the bridge.