"I talked to him about you"

"Well this blows." You thought to yourself as you sat on the kitchen counter at another stupid party you didn't want to be at.

The worst part was the reason you were here.

You were here because of Grayson.

Not that he would EVER know, but he was the reason you were there.

The reason you regretted coming.

He was out dancing with girls, letting them grind on him while you sat playing with your hands that were wrapped around your, now empty, red solo cup that only had water in it.

"Hey y/n/n." Ethan said hopping onto the counter next to you.

"This sucks E." you said resting your head on his shoulder.

"I know. You should just tell him."

You groaned. "We both know I can't do that."

"Uhh that's funny because I don't know that."

"Ethan, if I tell him our friendship will be over. It'll be so awkward and I'm already awkward enough as it is."

"Okay first of all, you're not awkward-" I cut him off.

"I'm gonna stop you right there." I said bringing my hand to his mouth. "I am awkward, which is whatever I mean I've been living with it for 17 years so I don't care, but that's not the point!" I took a breathe. "I'm not telling him. Everything would change in a bad way and I don't want that to happen."

"You don't know that!" He said exasperatedly.

"Yes I do, and I mean, it's fine. I'm used to it by now."

He sighed. "At least I tried."

"Now go have fun E. I think I'm gonna head out soon. I don't really wanna stay over tonight."

"Okay if you want to. Are you sure you're safe to drive? You can just go in my room if you're not."

"You know me, I only drank water," I said lifting my cup and shaking it. "And yes I'm sure. You don't have to worry about me."

"Okay," he hugged me. "Drive safe."

"Bye."

And with that Ethan disappeared into the crowd and I was alone again.

I sighed and slid off the counter throwing away my cup and heading towards the door.

When I said I was used to it by now, I was lying.

I wasn't used to this feeling.

This feeling of jealousy and just being heartbroken every time I see Gray with another girl.

And I'm so sick of it.

But there's nothing I can do to change it.

I know, for a fact, he doesn't like me back.

I drove home without any music, my thoughts consuming me.

This feeling sucks.

After an hour and a half of trying to sleep, my thoughts keeping my awake, I was finally able to.

-----------
The next day

*ding*

I was making myself eggs for breakfast when I heard my phone go off.

It was a text from Grayson.

Gray: Yo let's chill today

I was still mad about last night, blaming Grayson, when it wasn't even his fault. I HAD to get over this.