Chapter 13

Melody's POV

"C'mon Luke come in the pool. That water is amazing." I told him floating on the water. It had been around 3 days since our argument and he hasn't let me out of his sight. Either he sleeps in my room with me or I sleep in his room with him. I could understand why he is worried but jeez just give me a little freedom. He was currently sat on the side of one of the sun loungers, MacBook on his lap and eyebrows furrowed.

"I can't right Mel. Alpha duties." Yeah of the past 3 hours.

I got out of the pool and walked towards him, kneeling on the other side of the lounger. I placed my hands on his shoulders rubbing up and down before running them down his torso and pressing my chest to his back leaving gentle kisses on his neck.

"baabbeee." I whispered softly. Take a break it's stressing you out, you've done nothing but work in for three hours. I heard his breath hitch and my lips trailed along the shell of his ear, but that didn't last long when he shrugged me off.

"No Melody, can't you see I'm busy?" He raised his voice slightly which just damn right annoyed me.

"Whatever, I'm going for a run." I said getting up and walking away from him. This seemed to get his attention however.

"Not without me you don't."

"Really?" I was testing him and he knew it.

"Yes really. You aren't going anywhere without me." His voice was getting louder. I was pushing his buttons and he knew it but at that moment I could care less.

"Watch me." With that I turned into wolf form and began running, my blue eyes shining brightly. I took off into the forest jumping over logs and bushes until I came across a little pebble beach just on the end of the packs land.

"Melody I suggest you get back to the house now, Luke is throwing a fit." I heard Kellin mind link me.

"Well i'll come home when he learns I was just trying to help him and to stop being a dick!" With that I blocked the mind link before walking down the beach breathing in new scents. As I was walking across the beach I came across a little cove where you could sit and whatch the waves reach the shore.

I sat down on one of the large rocks looking out into the ocean and just admiring the view. Why is Luke being like this?Like I get he has alpha duties and stuff but he has just been totally ignoring me. Like I am always in his presence but I never get any attention. I'm not one of those girls trust me but it's just I have never had a relationship before and i'm scared. What if he doesn't want me any more and I get banished from the pack. I would rather kill my self if I'm honest.

//------//

"Melody." I felt someone nuzzle into my fur.

"mmmm" I growled keeping my eyes closed.

"Baby wake up."  Luke?

"Luke?" I opened my eyes and stared into the familiar red ones. We both turned back into human form and he engulfed me in a bone crushing hug.

"Mel baby I am so sorry, I was just so stressed with work and the frost pack is advancing, and I'm trying to sort everything out." He started to ramble.

"Lukey. It's okay. I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have run off like that."

"Mel you have every right to want to get away from me for a while. I have been on your tail constantly and you need your freedom. I'm just scared to loose you." he nuzzled his face into the joint of my neck and shoulder before placing a light kiss on it. "C'mon lets get you home." he said when he noticed I started to shiver. It was dark now so I must have been out for a good 6 hours.

We made our way back through the forest and into the house where everyone was sat in the living room. When Liz noticed we were home she ran up to us and hugged me tightly.

"melody we have been worried sick about you! Where have you been?"

"I'm so sorry Liz I went down to the pebble beach and I fell asleep." I explained.

"It's okay just please don't worry me like that again." she squeezed me lightly before letting go. and going off into the kitchen announcing dinner was ready.

"Actually Liz i'm gonna head back to bed if that's okay I have a headache and my back hurts really bad."

"Oh honey of course i'll get you some advil." Before I could protest she was off into the kitchen, quicly returning with two pills and a bottle of water. I quickly swallowed them down before giving Luke a kiss on the cheek and walking upstairs into my room. I laid down and quickly fell asleep. It's been a long day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO CLOSE TO 1K reads gang!

Short, Shitty, Unedited and boring chapter but this was really just a filler. i realised it had been over a week since i last updated so i just rushed this to get something out for you guys.

comment what you think and please vote.

love you all <3