Chapter I

Joshua on the pic <3

(c) the owner

[Joshua's POV]

Yesterday was both stressful and annoying day at work. After finishing the last part of the photo-shoot, I was invited for a press conference which I really hated the most. They get to ask personal questions and once they got a few information from you though not concrete, they tend to make their own conclusions and make people believe in these made up stories. Of course before you knew it, you'll be the talk of the town. 

"Hey hey. Young man, why didn't you tell me about you and Xia? I thought we talked about this already?" Seungcheol grinned as he walked beside me, obviously teasing me, well of course because of that stupid press conference, asking me stuffs about Xia or whoever she is. I could only groan and roll my eyes at him because even if I tell him, he just won't believe me.

"We're not dating and I am not really interested in her. Who told you that nonsense gossip?" I asked starting to feel annoyed as I massaged my temples to stop the forming headache. 

He only just grinned at my direction and tapped his chin, not really wanting to answer who his reliable source was. I sighed in defeat as I entered my dressing room and slumped myself on the sofa located in there. I rested my head on the armrest and kept rubbing on my temples to lessen the headache that damn interview gave me.

The interview was about the new magazine to be released next week and at first the question was all about that but then when a petite red-head asked me about my relationship status with Xia, that's when all the migraine started. Each of them started to ask question related to the topic and I was too baffled to even answer each of them and it made me really uncomfortable to the core. I was burning with anger in the inside yet I did try putting my best smiles as I denied those stupid rumors. I need to be pleasant, at least for good public feedback. Being you in this industry was more than impossible than everyone think. You need to hide behind a mask that would please and do what the people wanted for their own sort of entertainment. I really not regret choosing this career path because first, I like it and it pays really good. I was being recruited by some acting company too because of my acting skills that I learned at the drama club I joined back in my freshmen year in high school which I least expected was still there until I was asked to take an actor's role for the mean time because of the small accident he has at the studio. Upon showing my face to the TV, the ratings on that station boosts up and they received tons of email asking for me and since when did I started working for them which I wasn't. I still preferred staying at Tokio and was not planning on leaving that company, at least not yet. It was the first one to introduce me to this field and I was really thankful for that. What just annoys me were the people that really love to nag on my business as if it were theirs and some co-workers that love to put some spice in a false story and Xia was just one of them. Xia was a star actress at J-Company and was well known for her acting as the main character of the drama that I starred for a small time. I also knew her because she appeared once in a fashion show where I was too but I really don't care about her even if my co-models were watching her like a twinkling star in front of their own eyes. So the gossip started when she asked me to bring her to this fast food chain because she was craving for double meat burgers and her manager doesn't allow it to maintain her figure. I was the first one to appear in front of her so she dragged me outside, told me to drive her car for her and bring her at this burger resto. A paparazzi managed to snap a picture of us together at the exit of the restaurant as she made me carry the bag with the burger and that time her face was so near with mine as she threaten me to not mutter even a single word once we came back to the studio. But to the public eye, it looks like we were kissing and that's where the news boomed. I was the most stressed by it because instead of telling the truth about the double meat burgers, she told them that we were about to be there or to say it clearly, we have something between us which was a lie.