Chapter III

Picture of Jeonghan and Joshua <3 Seriously guys (>//u//<)

(c) to the owner of the photo

--------------------------------

Was being playful the main reason why I was thrown to the world of humans?

All I know was the fact that I was really a playful and somewhat clumsy angel back in heaven. I would always pull pranks towards the other angels and do something that was not being appreciated by majority of my kind. Once I saw a flock, I would try splashing mud onto them until they were all dark and brown and of course I would be laughing hysterically about it before the guardian would pinch my ear, telling me that it was rude doing stuffs like that and instead I should do my duty. As a guardian angel, my job was to keep the newborn humans away from harm threatening to affect them inside a dream. Dreams can be beautiful and harmful at the same time as what the elders have said but I guess, playing with the babies once they were sleeping was the most fun thing to do being an angel. They would always laugh whenever I play with them, they would always throw gummy smiles towards me and I like it when they try to reach for my hair and softly touch it, as well as my wings.

The last thing I remembered before waking up into a foreign place was my brother guardian lecturing me about how I should stop teasing another guardian for giving a false dream towards a certain human. I went to take a rest after that because running around the paradise was tiresome but when I woke up, everything wasn't the same. I wasn't on the same cloud I was sleeping and instead, a smooth thing was underneath me and covering me. It was a warm feeling but upon realizing that I was not in the same place I was in before, I sat up, studying the surrounding before tears started swelling my eyes. I noticed that my wings were gone and that's when fear started to overcome me. I thought I was thrown in hell for being the angel I was but I just realized that I was in the human world when a human entered it, holding a silver thing with his hands and looking at me frantically. Humans were the same with angels except that angels were pure and we have wings attached on our backs while humans? Not every one of them was pure and they don't have wings. The first thing I noticed within this human was his eyes, they were empty and sorrowful but I don't have the ability to see what was playing inside his mind so I had no clue what was happening inside his head. I was a guardian angel meant to take care of innocent child's dream and this one was so grown up so he was out of my reach.

"Jeonghan?" he called out onto my name and I came back to reality. I was sitting adjacent from the human that I learned has the name of Joshua and he was telling me to take a taste of this human food in front of me.

"What is this? Is it an animal?" I asked innocently. Despite me being an angel, I don't have much knowledge about the human world. It was like a culture shock like what the elder guardians were talking about that I least understand.

"Seriously?" he chuckled and I frowned at him. "It's tempura. It's a shrimp and yeah and animal, more like seafood." He explained.

I frowned further. Humans weren't supposed to take life from other creatures, what were they doing?