Chapter XI

[Jeonghan's POV]

"Please stay with me."

Joshua's words won't stop repeating like an endless echo inside my head. My heart won't stop pounding inside my chest and I felt my palm sweating as I clenched it. I don't know how I was supposed to answer him because I can't promise him a thing. I couldn't. And if I even gave him a YES, I was not sure if I can keep it because I was not either sure about the tomorrow that was coming and I don't want him to think that I was betraying him. Joshua was important to me but I couldn't hurt him.

I smiled bitterly, avoiding his tear-filled eyes as guilt lacerated my chest. I don't know how I was supposed to respond towards Joshua's request because I know that I would be gone soon. I took a deep breath and met his eyes, smiling at him and holding his hand with me, intertwining our fingers that seem to fit together. I wanted to cry because I wanted to hold onto this hand forever but was that even possible?

"You should take some rest." I said and I can tell that he was disappointed with me but he smiled otherwise and nodded, letting go of my hand which caused my chest to hurt and going straight on the staircase without even looking back. I fell on my knees and released a heavy sigh that I didn't know was holding. I bit my lip nervously, trying to figure out what I was supposed to do in the current situation.

I don't know what was this tingly feeling that I would feel whenever he was around but what I was worried the most was him, seeing the reaper. The name may be kind of different but I know it was the same reaper I've met at the hospital. How can Joshua even see the reaper when the reaper told me that he can't be seen by humans, but Joshua? How come? Was that an omen that his life span was shortening?

I griped on my hair tightly, trying to think of different possible outcomes that might happen. I was starting to fall in deep thought when someone nearby cleared their throat and when I went to see who it was, it was his brother, Wonwoo. His eyes were red-rimmed sign that he had been crying a lot and his sniffles were not ceasing. He went to the fridge for some water and took a heavy gulp. I decided to stand up because I was looking weird and went to stand next to him. He looks like he was embarrassed by his current state but that doesn't matter to me, what matters to me was what he was feeling and even if I know that I can't wipe away every bad feeling he has, I can still make him feel that he wasn't alone.

"You don't look fine." I started.

"I am." He said, voice hoarse as I looked at him sadly, tapping his shoulder feeling it heaving down.

"Are you mad at Joshua?" I asked and he looked at me before shaking his head.

"No. I even regret blaming him for everything. I know that he is just doing his best to give us a comfortable life but I am seeing it badly. I don't know how I am supposed to apologize to him. He is feeling too much guilt and I even added some." He groaned, running a hand on his face and heaving another sigh.

'It must be hard." I whispered.

"Hyung..." Wonwoo glanced at me again. "What are you to Joshua hyung?"

I paused and looked at him when he suddenly asked that. What was I towards Joshua again? I can't tell. Does that mean I was someone less important more than I know?

"I don't know.." I muttered and silence fell on the air, leaving me in deep thoughts once again.

"You're here to bring his soul back with you." Jun's words erupted through my mind. Can I tell Wonwoo that he was about to lose someone important once again? I looked at him sadly and smiled weakly, pulling him into an embrace.

"Jeonghan-hyung what are you doing?" Wonwoo asked tensed as I wrapped him around with my arms.

"I know you're already feeling bad but remember that I will always be here when you needed someone." I pulled myself and looked at him giving him an assuring smile which he returned awkwardly before he excused himself to return back to his room. Their twin sister didn't even noticed me when they went inside. Those two were also feeling bad but I can't help it. I don't have the ability to return someone back to life. I started to walk slowly until I reached the outside part of the gigantic house.