Chapter XXIII

I woke up sweating yet again because of a nightmare that keeps on recurring, that keeps on appearing and reminding me something that I couldn't explain well. It feels like a bad dream but it looks too real as if it is a memory that actually happened.

Or probably, I'm just dropping into false conclusion.

I took a deep sigh and grabbed my phone resting on the night stand, it was nearing 3 in the morning and a good time to spend sleeping on the comforts of your bed but to me, having the same dream countless of times wasn't making me want to sleep anymore.

I leaned on the headboard of my bed, checking the photos on my phone that I hadn't got rid since the first time I saw it. Still, I was confused as to how things happened or how come that "he", Jeonghan is there—Sign that I've meet him before and that we're close.

Not finding the urge to sleep anymore, I hopped out of my bed and went straight to the kitchen for some morning coffee. I managed to come home to NY after a long photo-shoot project that was held to Europe that involve lots of activities and honestly I enjoyed a lot but during my time there, I keep missing him and that's when all of this weird dreams started to happen. I would wake up sweating but most of the time, I won't remember the reason why I woke up neither the dreams that I had and so I tried to ignore it. I keep thinking about it, but the one I had today was so clear to me that I had to keep thinking about it. I remember how I was holding on to someone's hand, someone with baby blue eyes that looked at me with sincerity and obvious care, I couldn't remember that person's face aside from that feature but all I know that he or she means so much to me and then out of nowhere, a dark dream follows where that person was crying as he looked at me with fear and worry—I was so afraid that they would left me but in the end, I have to let go of that hand until it wasn't on my grasp anymore. I keep seeing scary illusions that woke me up from my deep slumber and now I wonder who or what that person means to me or if I would ever see them again.

Taking a sip on my coffee, a headache started to hit me to the point that I accidentally let go of the cup I was holding that it fell on the ground and spilled, glass broken as I hold on to my head trying to stop the pain—I felt my breathing started to get ragged and a deep frown formed on my head as one by one, strange visions, or most likely, memories started to flood my head. I leaned on the counter to support myself from falling but the disbelief came into me.. What was all of that?

"Are you alright?" I snapped out of my trance when I heard Wonwoo's voice came with worry? "What happened? Oh God! Your nose is bleeding." He panics.

I came and touched on my nose and surely, something sleek and red was there. I looked at it with confusion but what more, I suddenly remembered things.

"I don't belong here—" his voice came echoing inside my head.

Wonwoo rushed towards me and handed me some tissues to wipe away the blood. He looks worried but me, I was in a daze as I stare at him.

"Do you believe in angels?" I asked and surely, he answered me with a frown.

"Come on, let me help you get to sit." He suggested and without refusing from me, he helped me towards the sofa as he grabbed something for me to drink and he started cleaning the mess I've just did.

I was strangely calm for a few hours, trying to recall the memories that just returned and my "almost" final day to this world. If you were to ask me, I could consider it as a dream but to think that I know that it actually happened and he, Jeonghan, was really involved with me. After snapping out of it once again, I rushed and grabbed my phone, tried to reach out for him even if it's still this early in the morning.