Chapter Two:

Regine Iman Thomas

"I'm getting ready now. Stop calling me. Geez" I said into the speaker jokingly. Denzel had been blowing up my line back to back for the last half an hour. I was already up and getting ready so there was no reason for the stalker mode he had activated.

"Hurry Up! I want to get there as soon as it opens", he said and rolled my eyes.

"Dude, the door opens at 12pm. Its only 10am. Calm your tits" I chuckled pulling on my shorts.

I had decided to go simple with some black shorts, a white crop top, some white chucks, an oversized camo and my long box braids were just hanging down normally.

"Hurry up. Be there in 20" he said quickly before hanging up. I sucked my teeth and slipped on my shoes. Moving as quick as possible, I did my winged liner and brushed out my lash extensions before grabbing my keys and heading outside to wait.

Twenty minutes my ass. It had been almost thirty.

Denzel called me and I answered,"Yellow?"

"Where you at? We outside" he said and I laughed.

"You got damn liar! I've been standing out here for 17 minutes!"

"I'm coming around the corner" he said and hung up. Pfft, liar.

After about two minutes I seen his car pull up and walked to the back door to get in.

I got inside and there was a boy in the backseat with me. I had assumed the friend would be a girl but I guess I was wrong.

"Hey everyone" I said while putting on my seatbelt.

"Hey Reggie" Nicole smiled at me. Nicole was Denzel's girlfriend of three years. She was always super nice to me and she acted like a big sister, just as Denzel acted like a big brother to me.

"Reggie, thats Joey. Joey, thats my lil' sis Reggie" Denzel introduced us before pulling off.

"Hi" I said with a smile and he gave a quick nod before looking back out the window. Rude much?

We got to downtown miami in about 20 minutes and I was already excited. We found parking in a parking garage and all got out of the car.

When we got out, I finally got a good look at the Joey guy. He was taller than he seemed in the car. His skin was dark chocolate and smooth. His jawline was defined and he had dreads that werent too long letting me know he hadn't started them long ago.