Chapter Eight:

Regine Iman Thomas

I put my things in a locker and made my way down the hallway to the studio that the dance class was being held in.

I was walking while looking down at the tile on the floor when I bumped into someone.

"Oh shit. Sorry" I said with a chuckle.

"You good" voice said and I looked up seeing a guy I had never seen before. He was around six feet tall. He was brownskinned and his hair was in small plaits on his head. It was interesting but it was cute on him. Overall he was really nice looking.

"I never seen you before" I said to him and he smiled.

"Yeah, this is my first time coming to this studio. I usually take classes and do workshops up in Coral Springs" he responded and I nodded.

"I'm Reggie" I introduced myself.

"Shameik" he smiled and reached out his hand for me to shake. I shook it and we walked into the studio. I took a seat on the floor near the mirror with everyone else to wait for the teacher. Shameik came and sat in front of me, facing me.

"How long you been coming here?" he asked me.

"About a year."

"How long you been dancing?"

"Ehh, since middle school. I guess about seven years."

His eyes widened. "Wow. I honestly thought I'd get the typical "since I was born" answer" he laughed and I shook my head.

"How about you? You over here interviewing me."

"Been a dancer since I was twelve" he answered licking his lips.

He teacher came in finally and clapped.

"Hello Hello Helloooo! Lets jump right into this. Sorry I'm late. If you dont know me I am Karey J. Lets begin" she said giving Ryan her music. Ryan handled all things music in the studio.

We all stood up and found a place on the floor. I heard the door open and in walked Denzel with Nicole and Joey. I guess they were going to be spectators.

Denzel walked over to me and kissed me on the cheek. "Wassup" he said and I gave him a hug and made sure to wave to Nicole. She smiled and waved back. Joey wasnt even looking up so I didnt bother to wave at him. He probably wouldn't have acknowledged it anyway.