Chapter Forty:

A/N: I know alot of folks dont think JoVaughn is attractive....but I really do....and yesterday he was giving zaddy vibes on snap 😭💀 anyway, Rah is Kirko Bangz.

Regine Iman Thomas

I was nervous. I had just landed. I wasnt sure what to expect.

Rah told me it was okay for me to stay with him while in Houston, so I was currently waiting at the airport.

The smell of the food at the places around was good enough to make my stomach growl, but not enough to make me want to eat.

Much like the plane ride that was smooth enough to be a lullaby, but not soothing enough to put me to sleep.

I hadnt slept in a while. Not due to worry. There was nothing to worry about anymore, the end had already come for my mom. I was just up thinking.

My mind was constantly dwelling on different things.

I also spent a good amount of thinking about the inevitable, JoVaughn. The guy that I love with all my heart, but also the guy that I was furious with.

I wasnt even exactly sure why. It wasnt his fault he felt how he did. It wasnt his fault I lost a loved one. I think I was hurt and just acted on impulse.

When he showed up at my door, I thought about all the time I spent crying over him. Calling him. Texting him. Praying he'd come back to me.

I thought about the moment I fell into grief over my mother. The moment Nicole embraced me and shushed me, assuring me that it would all be okay. That exact moment I wished that it was his familiar scent and build that pulled me into him. I wished it was his voice giving me tranquility. I wished that it was his shirt that I stained with my tears. But he wasnt there...

Thats what upset me.

My phone rang, interrupting the sound of Lion Babe's 'Got Body' that I was listening to. I answered, "Hello?"

"Yeah I think I see you. I'm in the Buick" Rah said into the phone. I looked around trying to spot his car.

"I dont see you" I chuckled.

"I'm right in front of you, the gold car."

My eyes landed on the car in front of me and the window let down, exposing Rah who was in the driver's side. To be honest, when he said Buick I was expecting to see one of the older ones, but he had a 2014 which to me looked nothing like the older models.

I walked over, putting my bags into the trunk that he had popped open. I hadnt brought much. I was only here for two days.