Chapter Twenty-Eight:

A/N: Fun Fact: I loved Joey already but I pushed myself to start this book after the Mr Robot season 2 premiere(if you dunno what it is, its a show that he's in and its good asf but if you gone watch it start from season one or you'll be lost af lol)😂 Like when I found out he was a good actor, it made it easier for me to imagine him as a character. And this is weird but I love JoVaughn's legs(MM) lmao. Happy Reading:)*unedited btw*

Regine Iman Thomas

The day was finally here. It was friday, the day of Joey's art event. I was super nervous. This was the first time that I would see him since what happened.

My plan was to go, let him see me from afar so he'd know I had come, but stay out of his sight. I would probably leave if he tried to speak to me.

I wasnt ready to talk to him.

I showered and got dressed. My outfit consisted of a white fitted long sleeved shirt, a skirt that I had, and some thigh high boots. I put my hair in a top knot bun and changed my nose piercing to a stud. I finally did my makeup super simple and glossed my lips. I was now ready to go and nervous as fuck.

Denzel texted me saying he and Nicole were outside. I made my way out to the car and got in.

"Look at Reggie all sexy for her man" Nicole joked as I got in the car. I chuckled awkwardly. They knew Joey and I werent on good terms, but they assumed it was because of something stupid. I hadnt told them what happened.

"Where your clothes at Reggie?" Denzel frowned.

"On my body, dad."

He sucked his teeth. "Fuck up" he said as he started to drive. I laughed quietly.

We got to the gallery in about twenty minutes. It was in the middle of an art district. It was much fuller than I expected. There were people of all sorts around inside and outside. New Person, Same Old Mistakes by Tame Impala played outloud. I could hear it from where we parked

even though it wasnt very loud.

My nerves kicked into gear as we approached the door. I was terrified of facing Joey.

When we got inside there were hella people scattered around looking at the different pieces hanging.

"Where the hell is JoVaughn?" I heard Nicole ask. I quickly and discreetly slid away from Denzel and Nicole. We had two different missions at the moment. Theirs was to find Joey and talk to him. Mine was to avoid Joey and ignore him.

I took my time starting at the front of the gallery by the door at the first painting. It looked like a mix of Acrylic paint and spray paint. It was a more abstract piece compared to other things i've seen him do but it was amazing to say the least.