Chapter Four:

"So how you feel about Reggie?" Nic asked me when we got back to Denzel's house. I was at the island watching her cook whatever she was cooking and Denzel was off at work.

"She cool I guess" I shrugged. She was aight. She was cute and all but I had no interest in her.

She was awkward, nosey, and she seemed weak. I couldn't fuck with no bitch like that.

After I gave her the print she wanted, I wasnt trying to hear from her again but Nicole was set on getting me to date the girl.

"What do you mean she cool you guess?" Nic said with a frowned.

"I said what I said. I mean what I said" I chuckled.

"Do you think she's pretty?"

"She gone need to be way more than pretty to impress me Nic." She knew that. I wasn't a vain person and I really didnt give a fuck how fine a chick was. If I wasn't feeling her mentally. I couldn't vibe with her.

The Reggie girl barely even spoke. She just kept staring at me on some weird shit. I wasn't feeling it.

"Jooooeeeyyyy, give her a chance. She's a nice girl I promise" Nicole pouted and I kissed my teeth.

"Whatever I'll try" I lied and she smiled before making us plates of chicken broccoli and mashed potatoes.

"You wont regret it."

"I hope not."

"How are you holding up?" she asked me and I already knew what she was talking about. A while ago my mother and brother were murdered right in front of me.

She aint know thats what happened. She just knew that they both were dead. Nicole is nice and all but I hated people in my business. She was already annoying after a while, it would most likely be worse if i told her shit.

"Straaaight" I responded dryly. She was not about to grill my black ass. Not today.

-----

The next day I woke up and rolled over to grab my phone. It had been ringing a while ago but no one ever called me so I didn't bother to see who it was. I just figured it was someone with the wrong number or something.

There was a call from a random number and I called it back just out of curiosity.