Chapter Thirty-Six:

JoVaughn Virginie Scott

"This shit is so expensive" Reggie complained while throwing stuff into the shopping cart. We we're at Whole Foods because she was starting to take her healthy eating serious. I didnt understand why we couldnt buy healthy food from the regular grocery store.

"You knew it would be before we came here" I chuckled. I was ready to go. She took too long to find shit.

"Very true but I was hoping it wouldnt be this bad. Maybe I should just go to Walmart" she stopped and looked at me as if she was contemplating.

"You think?" I said sarcastically. Reggie sucked her teeth at me and looked around like she had done something bad. She then grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the store.

"Why did you just do the most?" I asked her as we walked to the car.

"Because, i'm a nice person and I'd hate for whoever has to put all that stuff back to see me leaving it. They already think us black people are ignorant" she said.

I scrunched my face up. "Thats their job, to put it away."

"Thats like leaving something messy and saying its the janitor's job to clean it anyway."

"Exactly" I said pulling out of the parking space. Reggie sucked her teeth and pinched my arm. I just laughed and headed towards Walmart.

------------

When we got home Reggie started cooking. She had music playing from her computer through her speakers. "What are you making?" I asked her curiously.

"Tacooooosss!" she shouted and started to dance. I watched her act crazy.

"You okay? Do I need to sedate you?" I raised my eyebrow at her. She stopped and side eyed me.

"Should I fry the fish?" she asked looking back at me. I shrugged.

"I dont care. As long as it tastes good" I pulled out my phone opening twitter. I composed a tweet.

JoZifBadmon: Reggie is on drugs. I swear.

"What do you think about these new rappers?" she asked me.

"Like who?"

"Like Lil Yatchy, Uzi, 21, Carti, and people of that nature."

"I think they're creative and fun to listen to but if we talking lyricism and flow they get a G for Good Try" I told her my opinion.