He's Different

He's Different

Severus Snape sat alone in his office watching the fire softly glowing and the wood crackling.

He place his middle and index fingers of his temple to massage it.

It has been a few days since the school year started but he was already starting to have a headache.

"Hey, you look awful." Said a new voice.

"Good evening Lucius." Severus replied.

"Good morning Great Potions Master." Lucius dramtically said.

"Please not now." Severus said placing his fingers back on his head.

"Sorry. Headache?" Lucius asked sitting down on a near by chair.

Severus did not respond in words but just simply nodded.

"Does it have something to do with Mr. Potter?" Lucius asked.

"Yes." Severus said.

"Yes well, Draco has mentioned him a lot in his letters, says his quite a good friend actually." Lucius said smiling at the mention of his son.

"Your son should be here in my house not some stupid Gryffindor." Severus said.

"Severus please understand, I'm shocked as well I didn't think that another family member would enter Gryffindor after... me." Lucius said.

"Yes as I remember you quite enjoyed it. Why?" Severus asked.

"Well... being a Gryffindor, it gave me a sense of adventure and freedom I could never get if I was in Slytherin. My whole family expected me to be on Slytherin to be just another Malfoy under the shadows of a snake, but I didn't want that." Lucius said.

"So you asked that hat you wanted to be in Gryffindor then?" Severus asked curiously.

"I didn't." Lucius said.

"You didn't?" Severus asked

"No, the hat did. He told me that I could be what I wanted to be." Lucius said.

Severus just nodded and went back to look at the fire.

"So... do you want to tell me about your problem then?" Licius asked.

Severus was about to open his mouth when his head shot him another surge of pain.

"Tea," Severus sighed as he rubbed his forehead.

"I'll get you a potion for your headache," Lucius handed him the cup and crossed over to his personal potion shelf. "Just a headache or a migraine?"

"Just a headache," Severus answered as he dropped into a chair. "It's just...."

"Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts."

Severus sighed deeply. He accepted the potion, swallowed it, and quickly drank some tea to wash the taste away. "Harry bloody Potter. The Wizarding World's golden child."

"He looks like James," Lucius took a sip of his own drink.

"I hadn't noticed."

"Liar," Lucius chuckled. "I know you Sev. You are my friend. My one true friend in this crazy existence. I know your heart. I know your mind. I know your soul. I know you. James Potter and Sirius Black were cruel and vile children. My regret is that I didn't protect you more. From them. From everyone."

"You protected me plenty old friend." Severus reassured him.

"Well let's begin." Lucius said putting down his tea.