The Story of Destiny

Harry, Maya, Draco and Neville were sitting in their secret room. Waiting. But they didn't have to wait long. Humming a jaunty tune and skipping along, Luna appeared in the doorway. "Hello Lions!"

They swarmed her. Maya started crying again. "Luna! You wrote that you were going to ask the hat for Gryffindor!"

Luna rested her cheek against Maya's. "I couldn't. I'll explain everything. Stop leaking," she goosed her in the side. "Besides I am a Ravenclaw. I am very inquisitive, I love to learn. Curiouser and Curiouser"

Maya laughed through her tears and pulled back to wipe her face. "OK Alice."

They moved to the seating area in front of the fireplace that instantly started a roaring, cheerful fire. Neville and Luna took the sofa, side by side, hand in hand. Harry and Maya took chairs placed close together.

"The hat said something to me. Something that you might want to know." Luna said her voice in a rare serious tone.

The four other people in the room scooted closer to her to hear the story.

"The hat told me of a prophecy. A prophecy we will learn in the future but he said it to me now." Luna explained.

"A prophecy? How would thr sorting hat now about a prophecy?" Maya asked.

"Fate." Luna said simply.

"Whose fate?" Neville asked.

"Not whose but who." Luna said repeating the sorting hat's words to her.

"Who?" Draco asked in a questioning tone.

"Yes Fate is a who but that's all I know about her for now." Luna said.

"But what about the prophecy?" Harry asked.

Luna closed her eyes and tried to remember the sorting hat's words.

"The dark one shall return
The light shall battle the dark
One shall rise and one shall fall
One side may conquer all

But if the Legends unite
The dark shall quell
Only if they destroy the seven sins
Will peace and harmony return to the land."

As the last few words left his mouth the other four were left with various looks on their faces ranging from confusion or questioning.

"That's all the hat told me." Luna said simply.

"But what about you? Why were you sorted into Ravenclaw?" Neville asked.

"I simply asked the hat to choose the house I was 'fated' to be in and apparantly it's Ravenclaw." Luna said.

As they were talking Maya was thinking about the Prophecy repeating the words in her mouth.

She had many questions in her mind like:

"Who are the legends?"

"What are the seven sins?"

"When will this happen?"

Bit she did know one thing and it was that they were all fated to fight this upcoming event wheter they like it or not they were in this now.

Harry hand reached up to her's. "I know I'm scared too." He said with a loving smile.

Maya smiled at him too and leaned her head against his shoulder as they continued to chat about the recent feast.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 "Can I take some books with me?" Luna asked.