Christmas Eve Yule Ball

Hey guys just wanna make a quick announcement.

I'm writing a new story, currently I'm in chapter 5 of it. When I'm finished I will publish the first ten chapters. Look out for more updates soon.

I will not spoil the plot of the whole story but I will put it into two simple words. "Puppy love."

Christmas Eve Yule Ball

Colin Creevey sat staring up at the rafter where the raven had dropped Dumbledore's wand. "How did he get it back?"

"How did who get what back?" Cedric asked. They were gathered for lunch sitting at the quintet's end of the Gryffindor table.

"Dumbledore," Colin took a bite and swallowed, "The other day when he got the Howler from Lady Craven. The raven took his wand up to the ceiling. Next thing I knew he had it back."

"Misdirection," Dean grinned. He picked a grape from the fruit bowl, made a big production of tucking it into his left hand, waved his right fingers over it, then opened up his now empty left hand. Then he pretended to pluck the grape from Draco's ear. "Muggle magic. My step-dad's brother fancied himself a magician. It's all illusion and pretend, but he was pretty good." He tossed the grape into his mouth. "We were looking at the Howler."

"I'm sure by now you all know how to call your wand to your hand," Cedric said. Nigel Wolpert stared at him in confusion so Cedric tossed his wand down the table a bit. He held out his hand, staring at his wand, and said firmly "Wand." The wand flew back to his hand. "It can also be done wordlessly."

"Brilliant," Nigel grinned. "Teach me that! Please?"

"After lunch," Cedric said tapping Nigel's plate, "Eat."

Meanwhile, Seamus was looking around the room earnestly. "I'm going to end up going alone."

"Quit whining, I don't have a date either," Dean reminded him. "It's not like we're going to die two old men alone surrounded by cats."

Hermione smiled, "Have you thought of the twins?"

Seamus gaped at her, "It might be an adventure, but no, we're not going with Fred and George."

Hermione rolled her eyes, "There is another set of twins in this school, Seamus. Padma and Parvati."

"Oh no," Dean shook his head. "No way."

"Why not?" Luna asked.

"They're too…." Seamus began

"Beautiful," Dean said.

"Brilliant," Seamus continued.

Then "Exotic" from Dean.

"We could never…" they finished together.

Hermione sighed, "Looks like everyone else thinks the same thing." She nodded in the twins' direction. The Patil girls were sitting together at the Ravenclaw table. They would smile up as different boys passed, then look back down in disappointment. After a minute, they rose together.

"They're going, better run," Neville urged.

"What do we say?"

"Ugh… boys," Hermione groaned. "Tell them that you were just informed that they two most beautiful, brilliant, exotic girls at Hogwarts do not have dates to the Ball and you would be honored to rectify that oversight."

"And take flowers," Harry pointed to the vase on the table.

"Rec-ti-fy that oversight," Dean repeated as he wrote.