Chapter 7

"I need to meet with your CEO. Now." He demanded walking into the building. "How did you find this building? We are a private company." The lady at the front desk said. He held up the newspaper. "Next time tell them to keep it confidential." He said. "Now. Their office. Now." He demanded. She typed away on her computer. "Uh...Their busy right now. They have a packed schedule today. I'm sure we can squeeze you in somewhere around next month." She smiled. He growled. "Their office now or you will be out of a job." He said. "Of course. Right this way." She smiled.

He waited impatiently waiting for the elevator to ding. It never seemed to and he was growing even more impatient. It finally came to a stop and he quickly went out, the ladies following close behind. "Last door on your left." They instructed. He nodded knowing exactly where needed to be right now. He came to a stop looking at the engraving on the door. He took a deep calming breath before flinging the doors open. Laura turned around swiftly in her chair smiling. He stopped dead in his tracks. She looked at her papers.

"So what can I help you with Mr.Lynch?" She asked. He couldn't talk or even move for that matter. He sighed slowly moving into the room. The door closed silently as he sung into the chair across from her desk. "Where is the CEO?" He asked. "Your looking at her." She said as if it was the most obvious thing. It was. "No. What did you do to the actual CEO?" He asked. "Nothing. This is my company. Welcome to my home in my home." She said looking around. "This can't be." He said. "But it is." She smiled at him.

"So what did you want? I have a lot of work to get back to." She said pointing to the stack of files on her desk. "I came to ask why you won't merge your company to Lynch Inc.?" He asked. She nodded and leaned back into the chair. "It's quite simple really. I will not lose the profit that comes with my company. It has value that I want to keep. I will not be a pawn to give your company even more success. We are successful as it. I want my company to stay whole." She explained it.

"Right...But together we can make even more profit." He said. "This place is my home. It's a reminder of my husband. I will not give it up. It's our company." She said. "Your husband? Okay. I think you are completely out of it." He said. "No. I'm not. This was gonna be an empire that we built together. But he moved away to build an empire without me. And I know he'll find his way back to me. I'm not giving you my hope either." She said. "That has nothing to do with anything. What is the real reason?!"

"I will not allow you to push me around. Just how valuable am I now?" She asked. "Do not do this now." He said. "Security. I need you to escort Mr.Lynch out please." She said into her office phone. "You have got to be kidding me. Are you serious right now?!" He asked. "More than I have ever been." She said. The door cracked open. "Mrs.Lynch?" The security officer called. He cringed at the name. "It's my name now. Has been for the past 3 years soon 4." She said. He looked at her and put down the contract.

"Read over it and just think about it." He said. "I don't need to. I already made up my mind. Lynch Corp. is going no where. Soon Lynch Inc. would be mine too." She smirked. He held his breath. "Let's go Mr.Lynch." The officer called to him. "We'll talk about this later." He grumbled. "See you at home honey." She winked. He growled looking back at her. "Do not call me that." He said. "Anything you want sugar." She chuckled. He rolled his eyes walking out of the room with the security guards she requested. She sighed deeply once the door closed.

Everything felt strange. He just couldn't put his finger on it but it was really weird. He sat there flipping through the wedding album. He smiled looking at himself. "I always look this good." He patted himself on the back. He turned the page and saw a dvd. He pulled it out and picked up his laptop. He put it in and waited for it to pop up. "Mr. and Mrs. Lynch. Forever and always."  He read looking at the cute doves flying around the screen. He set the computer down getting comfortable. He plugged in the headphone.

They sat in awkward silence. "So...Hi." He said starting a conversation. "First. I like the chef but I like cooking myself." She said. He chuckled. "Uh.. I think we'll stick to the chef. I've seen you cook before and I've tried it for that matter. Not a big fan." He said. "Excuse me?" She chuckled. "Yes. I have tried Laura's cooking. I don't like it." He said. She smiled. He was somewhat coming around. "I wanted to apologise for being so harsh these past couple of days. I will try to get along with you. You are my wife."

"Thanks but that does not change the fact that you want me to sign those papers. I won't sign those papers. Not today. Not tomrrow." She said. "I know it must be hard but you have to. I'm getting married soon." He said. "So you want to get married?" She asked. He played with his fork. "I don't know." He said. "Why not?" She asked. "Because I'm a busy man. I have one of the biggest industries on my hands. I just think I won't have time for Amy. We have plans but I feel like I'm just gonna let her down." He said. She placed her hand on his looking into his eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Comment and Vote!!!
~Ash❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤