Chapter 21

"Laura! Laura!" He shouted running into the big empty house. "She's gone." The maid said. "What do you mean gone?" He asked. She looked down then back at him again. "She's leaving town." She told him. Thunder crashed as he felt like he had just been hit by lightening. "How long ago did she leave?" He asked. "30 minutes or so." She answered. "Good. I still have time." He said turning around running out of the house. "But sir...There's something you need to see...." She yelled after him holding the letter sent to him. He was long gone before she could finish.

"Amy. I need to let you know." He said as he walked into the company office. "Your just leaving me here?!" She shouted into the phone. "No. I'm going to find what I told you was missing." He said. "What was it?" She asked. "I care about you. And I always will but right now, there is someone else I deeply care about. And I'm going to fix everything. I love you." He said. "I love you too." She whispered. "Goodbye Amy." He said. "Goodbye Ross." She said hanging up. He walked up to the front desk.

"I need to see Laura." He said. "You just missed her. She left just a few moments ago." She told him. "Did she tell you where she was heading?" He asked eagerly. "No. I'm sorry. We don't question our boss's whereabouts." She said. "Do you at least know which direction she was headed?" He asked. "The airport." She said. He smiled. "Thank you for your time." He said backing away and bolting out the front door. "But there's something I have to give to you." Just like the maid, he was long gone before the words ever came out of her mouth.

He looked through the crowds of people and she was no where to be found. She wasn't here. Maybe she was long gone and those women just misguided him. He looked around once again but something his gut told him  that she was not here. He trusted his gut walking out of the waiting area. The laguage check was empty and there were no flights that have flown out or in. At least not for another 3 hours. He walked outside into the pouring rain. He angrily threw off his jacket and looked at the sky before walking off.

She ran her fingers through her wet hair. The rain always calmed her down. Helped her think. But this rain only made her sad. A lot more sadder than she already was. She shut off her phone just in case he tried to reach her but she of course knew that wasn't going to happen. The bus took her farther than she intended to go. She was lost. Alone. Confused for the first time in her life. But through all of it, she felt free. Through all the tears and sadness, she was free at last. She sniffed looking at the sky.

"I hate him." She whispered continuing to walk. "Hate who?" They asked her. "No one important." She said. "They must be. Your nearly falling on to your knees." They say. "I'm fine. I just need to get out of here." She muttered. "Why are you running?" They asked. "I'm not." She said looking around her. No one there. She shook and shivered holding her suitcase tighter. "Laur?" She heard. She shook her head. She must've been hearing things. She continued walking. "Laura!" He shouted after her. She looked around then back. There he stood completely soaked looking at her.

She shook her head. How did he find her? She didn't even know where she was until she seen the rock next to the tree. This was where he proposed. How did he know? Unless...She looked back at him not moving a muscle but tears rolling down her cheeks. "Listen to me." He said stepping closer. She moved back. "Don't come any closer." She said. "Alright. Just listen then. And let's get you out of this weather. Your going to get sick." He said. "Your not my mother." She said. "Laura please." He begged her. She looked up at the clouds.

"I know...I hurt you. I hurt us." He whispered the last part. She looked away. "But I want you to know. I love you. I never stopped. I thought I knew what I wanted but my heart already knew what I needed. That's you." He said. She looked at him again looking right into his eyes. "Your worth more than everything I have and had. Nothing I do will ever amount to anything you do. Your amazing. And you deserved to hear that everyday. You still deserve to hear it. You also deserve to know how much I truly love and cherish you."

She stood stone still as he approached her. "Laura Marie Lynch. You are the best part of my day. You are the light of my day. Your a piece of work but I won't lie I am too. I guess that's what I love about you. I'm so sorry about what I have put you through and I understand if you want to take time, I'll be here. Waiting for you like you did for me. I love you Laura. I always will. No matter what. No matter what you say right here. Right now." He said. 

He wiped off her cheeks. "What about The Other Bride?" She asked. "I'm looking at the woman I'm destined to be with. She's the only one I need to worry about." He said pressing his lips against hers. She kissed him back slowly. He pulled away. "Let's get you all warmed up." He said taking her hand. She gave a small smile allowing him to take her bag. He hauled a taxi getting in just as the new waves of rain fall started. Lightening flashing and thunder roaring through the night skies. He held her as she closed her eyes.

She sat there as he held her hand. "Say something." He said. "Ross...we need to talk." She said. "What?  What is it?" He asked. "I want to be together but I don't know." She said. "I know. I understand. I will do better." He promised. "I need to tell you something." She said. "Anything." He said. "Be my baby daddy." She laughed and cried. "Are you?" He asked. She nodded. He cupped her face kissing her. All over her face. The truth would kill him. If only he knew. Having this baby meant giving up her life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey loves! I am done with this book. I want to thank you guys so much for being so supportive! I love you guys! I will be finishing my other works. This is now completed. Tell me what was your favorite part of the book. Commet and Vote!!!
~Ash❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤