Chapter 8

He looked at her hand. She slowly took it back. "Those aren't your plans. Their ours." She said. He looked at her. "Tell me about us." He said. She raised an eyebrow. "I want to face our reality." He said. "But you don't want to be with me. In fact you don't even want to get to know me." She said. This time he took her hand. "I've learned that Laura does not play. When she wants something she gets it. And to never cross her or you'll receive one of her wicked slaps." He said rubbing his cheek for effect.

She laughed taking her hand back from him. He smiled. She smiled back looking at him. "Where do I start?" She asked. "From the beginning." He said picking up his glass and taking a sip. She did the same and told him about the first time they met. She told him about how they first came to be and how no matter what it was, they would agree to disagree. She told him about all the wonderful memories they had together. He smiled through it all seeing how happy she was to talk about them . He kinda felt bad.

"We didn't." He laughed. "But we did. We were kicked out for a whole month. Then I had to beg the owner and promise not to do it ever again." She laughed. "Did he agree?" He asked. "Yes. But then we ended up doing it again but this time we didn't get caught." She chuckled. He laughed. "No way. Like not a single soul?" He asked. "Besides us two." She smirked. "Wow. We were wild." He said. "That's just the beginning of it. We even got stuck once." She said looking away. "Stuck how?" He asked eyeing her. She looked and he followed her eyes. "No way." He laughed.

They spent a few hours just talking and listening to all the time they missed out on one another. She listened on and the harder it was to let him go anymore. He wanted to be free. Then it hit her. Maybe he was only tolerating her at the moment because she threatened to take away something he really cared about. Or maybe it was all a setup to sweep up her company. He did always have a decitful tongue. Charmful but still harmful. She couldn't let that happen. Never not ever.

"It's great talking to you without yelling at you." She said. He nodded. "You too. Or when your not threatening." He shrugged. "And you with the hurtful comments." She said. "How are they hurtful? I just say what I need to say." He said. "Because I am your wife right now. I will be and I always will. And you cheated on me. But here I am still fighting for you and your not fighting for me. Imagine how I'm feeling right now?" She said. He shook his head. "I'm deeply sorry. I can't recall it. But I'm trying." He said.

"Oh yeah?" She asked. He nodded. She got up. "Your not gonna go all weird again are you?" He asked. She looked at him. "What do you mean?" She asked. "You kissed me the other night." He said. "So?" She asked. "So I'm engaged." He said. "But your also married to me. So as far as I'm concerned, your mine." She said walking out of the dining hall. He sighed trying to connect the pieces together. Just when he feels like he has them all, the puzzle just falls apart and he has to start all over again and again.

"Stop with the moves." He said. "On you? Honey no worries. I haven't made a single move on you. I'm letting you process. Giving you your space." She said. "If I did, then you would?" He asked. "I don't need moves to win you over silly." She giggled. "Then how did you?" He asked. "You never told me. So tell me now." She said looking at him. "Laur...I can't tell you that if I barely remember you." He said. She smiled. "You remembered." She smiled bigger. "What?" He asked. "You called me Laur. Your the only one." She said.

"It might've slipped. I'm sorry." He said. She laughed hugging him. "It's fine. It's actually a good thing." She said looking at him with those big brown eyes that turned all of his dinner mush in a second. "Rossy.."She cupped his cheeks. He observed her as she did the same to him. She rubbed his cheek never taking her eyes off him. He looked away confused but didn't pull away from her. He held her carefully trying not to give her the wrong impression. He could have her if he wanted to, but there was Amy. His bride-to be.

She closed her eyes his breath brushing gently across her cheek. "Can I kiss you?" He asked her. "More than welcome to." She said. He wrapped his arms around her and connected their lips. Slowly but passionately. His heartbeating so fast it could burst at any second. Hers trying to drown out the noise. He brought her closer brushing her ear softly and then her cheek to her neck. She bit her lip slowly giving into his touch. He picked her up slowly wrapping her legs around his waist and holding her up while she wrapped her arms around his neck.

He pulled away from her turning pink. "I remember you." He said. "What did you see?" She asked. "Our first kiss." He said looking away. "One hell of a kiss wasn't it?" She asked. He nodded. "Wow." He said taking a deep breath then letting it go. "I'm gonna go to bed." He said walking away. "So that's it?" She asked. "Yes. Please sign those papers." He said. "I'm not letting you go." She whispered. "Do it for me." He said. She shook her head. "No. I don't think so. You stay with me. No matter what happens."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Comment vote!!!!
~Ash❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤