Epilouge

He stared at the woman who just months ago he wouldn't even give the time of day. Now here he stands tears rolling down his cheeks as they rolled her away in a stretcher. He was losing his mind. He couldn't possibly lose her now that he got her. This is not how their story is suppose to end. They are suppose to raise their children together. Yes children not just one child but many more. With how things are going, there is no way in hell that that was happening. He knew it to the core but he wasn't going to believe it.

"Laura please. Don't do this." He said staring at her. "It's my child Ross. That's not fair." She said. "It's mine too. But I promise we'll make more. You don't need this right now." He said reaching for her. She pulled away. "No. Don't touch me! I can't believe you want me to give my child up! I'm having this baby with or without you by my side!" She shouted. "If you have this baby there will be no you!" He shouted back. She rubbed her stomach. "I'm taking my chances." She said walking away. He sighed looking after her.

"She is not ready to be taken in yet." They tell him. "Ready?! She has nearly lost more than a pint of blood! You need to do something now!" He pointed at the door of the room she was in. "Sir. Calm down. We are doing the best that we can. We just need to set some things up before going through with this." They informed him. "There's a possibility that I will lose her. I can't lose our child too. So you either do something or I sue you for causing such emotional distress." He threatened. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked as she set the food in front of him. "Tell you what sweetie?" She asked. He shook his head. "Don't do that." He said pushing the plate of food away from him. She gripped the table tightly as her head suddenly started to spin."Can we not do this now?" She asked planting a shaky kiss on his cheek. "No. We need to talk about this now." He said. "Ross...Please." She begged letting go of the table as the pain escalated. "Are you okay?" He asked. She smiled before losing her balance. "Laura!"

"Levels are extremely low. We're losing her! I need her up for the delivery." He ordered. "But sir. She's not fit. We'll lose her before she can even get one push in."She said. "I understand that you are worried but we need to get this done. Now." He said sternly turning back towards her. "Your killing her! What are you doing?!" She asked refusing the vaccines he tried to inject. "I need a heartbeat. This will help me." He said. "Sir we need to start now or we'll lose both of them." She stated. He nodded motioning for his gloves.

"Ross...I know you know and I'm sorry for not telling you. This is between us and not just me." Her voice rang in his ear. "Whatever Laura. You needed to tell me. Always." He said. "I know but what did you want me to say? Hey baby, our baby or I could die during the process of birth? No. I couldn't." She said. "But you could've taken that chance. Like you are by having the baby. Laura. I just got you. I can't lose you. Please." He begged holding her hands. She kissed his cheek. "No."

"Um...Sir. It's time." The called over to him. Every step he took getting closer his heart just dropping. It was falling by the time he made it to the room. She gave him his uniform and a face mask. "Is she alive? Will she make it?" He asked. "We don't know. We need to save your son first." They said. " She ordered that we save him first." A nurse said. He looked at them all. He walked over handing her hand. "Laura. Please come back to me." He whispered to her kissing her hand. "I need you." He said. "Doctor. We are ready. The baby is starting to lose oxygen. We need to get him out of there."

He felt numb. He couldn't feel his own heart beating. He could hear it, so loud it blocked off every other sound in this very room. But he couldn't feel it. She's suffering and there's nothing he can do to help her. He felt powerless. He felt like drowning himself in his own tears. But what good use would that be to her? She completed him and he did the same. He was gonna love his son to the moon and back and maybe even beyond, but he would feel responsible.

The baby's cry rang throughout the room causing him to jolt out of his daydream. Or nightmare. A world without Laura. But his son was born. She was still down and but their most prized possession was now in this world. The doctors cleaned him off. "She did great." The say looking at her. He cries as they hand him his son. He looks so fragile he didn't know how to hold him. Just a fragile as his mom was. He placed a kiss on his cheek before giving him up so they can finish their process.

She smiled as he was brought over."Ross!" She cried. He hugged her tightly. "You might not want to do that." She chuckled. He seriously was not going to allow this to happen. "I love you so much. And you laughing right now is not making me feel good. So please." He said. She sighed before laying back down. "Is that?" She asked pointing to the crib. He nodded. She smiled. "I'm sorry we have to part this way." She said. He looked at him. "You need to hold him." He said. She shook her head as a tear rolled down. A few more hot tears.

"I wish I could hold him but I can't. I don't have much time." She said looking up at the ceiling. "Laura. Don't say that." He said leaning over her. She reached for him. "Ross. My world since we met revolved around you.I love you. You are my world. Always have been. Always will be. Now I want you to listen to me. I want you to take care of our world." She weakly said holding him with the strength she had left."No. I can't not without you." He cried.

She smiled rubbing his cheeks off. He did the same for her. "I know baby. I will miss you. And I know this should've been better but this is how it needs to be." She cried. "No. We can change it. Just don't leave me. Don't leave us." He said. She pressed her lips against his lips which were trembling with fear. He felt like scooping her up and never letting go. "I love you." He mumbled. "I love you too. You both." She whispered. "Laura please....." He begged her. "Stay with me." She held him staring into his eyes.

Her eyes bulging. Her face growing flat. And slowly he could feel her heart slow down. He stared at her erupting in a loud cry. The moment she was gone, his, their son cried out. He hugged her closing her eyes. "Come back to me. Please...I need you....Laura please...." He cried. "I'm here...I'm always here." She pointed to his heart. He held her tightly as their soon to be named world called upon them. Ross slowly placed her down sinking to the ground hoping to be struck soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Soooo.....I love you? *Runs*
~Ash❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤