Epilouge Part 2

He stared blankly at the page waiting for the words to magically appear. That wasn't going to happen so he picked up the pen only to put it down again. He heard keys and his eyes lit up ready to see his dad after a tiresome day at school. He heard a giggle then ran out to greet the people in his life. "Dad!" He called running towards him. Ross quickly picked him up. "Where's my boy?!" He asked looking around. "I'm right here!" He said joyfully. He chuckled kissing his forehead and placing him on his feet. He smiled.

"How was school?" He asked. "The usual. It was boring today. Our teacher kept talking about her mom. She told us to write about our mom." He said. Ross froze. "A paper on your mom?" He asked. "Yes dad. But I can't since I didn't get to meet her. So I was thinking maybe you tell me about her.  What was she like? Look like?" He asked him. "And this is for your paper?" He asked. "Yes dad. I'll go get the outline if you want me to." He suggested. Ross looked at his son curiously. Now that he thought about it, Shor never really asked about his mom.

"How about you think of anything you want to know and I'll make dinner?" He suggested. He smiled. "Okay dad." He ran off to his room. "Where did he go?" She asked. "Back to his room. Some other time." He said apologetically. She smiled."I understand." She kissed his cheek and walked away. He smiled stuffing his hands into his pockets. He walked towards the kitchen asking for the chef. "Make his favorite." He ordered. "And for dessert?" He asked. "Gogurt. His mother loved it." He said. The chef agreed getting to work.

"I wanted to know dad. What was her name?" He asked. "Her name was Laura Marie Marano. But then I got lucky and made it Lynch." He winked. He smiled scribbling notes on his paper. "What did she look like?" He asked. "She was goregous. Big brown eyes. Golden brown locks like yours. Except you have my dirty blonde going on on your head." He chuckled. "Tell me more." He said. "She had the most amazing smile that brightened up your day in a heartbeat.  She always managed to make you smile no matter the circumstances." He said.

Shor looked at him confused. "I see you inherited your father's spelling skills. She was very smart." He said helping him with the spelling. "In my defense, I'm only 6." He said. "If you can use the words, I'm sure you can also spell them." He winked. "Mommy said that didn't she?" He asked. Ross' eyes widened. "How did you--What?" He asked. "Dad? Why did mom have to go?" He asked. He thought about what to say without making him feel guilty about her death. Or feel like he killed her. "Because she wanted you to have the best life." He bit his lip.

Shor put his paper a side.  "You know...I see her sometimes." He tells him. "Where?" He asked. "In my dreams. She tells me she loves me. And you. She told me she wishes to be home with us but she's at peace." He says. Ross ruffled his hair. "You had one hell of a mom. Don't you ever forget that. " He smiled. "I don't plan to. Now. Where is your friend?" He asked. "Oh...uh...I've been meaning to talk to you about that." He said.  "She's your girlfriend.  I know." He rolled his eyes.

"What?" He asked. "I may be young but I'm not slow. Ooohh!! Look!" He said bolting out of his seat. He grabbed a few packages. "Shor. Slow down and sit." He said. He put a few on the table and slurped the one in his hand. "Soo good. Malcolm.  I want more." He called to the waiter. "Right away." Malcolm called. Ross held out his hand stopping him. "We've been over this." He said. "Okay. Keep it. I'm going to bed." He said taking the rest with him. Ross sighed. "We have to talk about this." He said noticing the change in the atmosphere.  He was no longer happy.

Shor looked at the paper and scribbled more on it. He sighed walking to the dresser. On the dresser was her photo. He picked it up staring at her and smiling. "I wish you were here." He whispered. "But I am." She whispered. He looked around. "Where?" He asked. "Right in front of you." She smiled. He looked up and she stood before him. "Mom." He smiled. "You've grown up to be so handsome." She ran her fingers through his hair. "When are you coming home?" He asked. "I'm already home. With you silly." She kissed his cheek. He held the picture frame even tighter. "I miss you so much." He said.

"I miss you too. But I need you to do something for me." She whispered.  "What?" He asked. "Open your eyes." She whispered. He closed his eyes tightly then opened them again. Ross stood before him. "Mom always wanted you to be happy. And I want the same for you. Does she make you happy?" He asked. Ross raised his eyebrow looking at his son curiously. He nodded. "That's good." He said getting into his bed as his father followed.

"I want you to know that I'm not replacing your mom. No one can ever measure up to her. She's not one to be easily forgotten okay? She always wanted me to be happy and I wanted the same for her. I want the same for you. If you don't like someone I'm dating without being biased, you can tell me. I will not lash out on you. I want us to be honest with each other. 100%." He said ruffling his hair. He smiled. "You promise?" He asked. "Absolutely." He smiled. "Goodnight dad." He smiled at him. Ross kissed his forehead tucking him in.

She smiled looking at the two. "Goodnight my loves."  Shor smiled at her. She winked as he laid back. "Would you say goodnight to mommy too?" He asked holding the photo to him. Ross nodded. He kissed the picture. "Goodnight Laur..." He whispered. Shor smiled hugging the photo tightly as he went to be. She will always be right there watching over him. And he knew that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sup? Expect more.....
~Ash❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤