Shouto Todoroki | Family

"Mommy when will Daddy come home?" asked your three-year-old daughter. Shouto, your husband was rarely home due to his hero job. He'd come home late at night and left early morning... if he was done for the day. Your little daughter missed him dearly.

"Daddy will come home soon okay sweetheart" you tried to reassure your daughter but her expression only sulked even lower. She dragged her tiny feet to her room and closed the door. You knew what she was up to. There's a photo of you, Shouto and (daughter's name) when she was a few months old. She likes to hug that photo whenever she misses her father or when she's sad.

Sighing, you went to the kitchen to cook up dinner. You knew how much (daughter's name) longed to see her father, even it was just for a moment. Even you longed to see your husband too. Everyone in your household wishes that he'd come back.

"(Daughter's name)! Dinner's ready" you called out as you set the table. But she didn't come. That's odd, she would usually come when dinner's called. 

Putting down the last dish, you walked over to her room only to hear sniffing from the other side.

'She's crying again' you thought as you opened the door. She was cradling the photo as she laid on the bed, silently crying. 

Sitting on the edge of the bed, you ran your slender fingers through her hair. Seeing your only daughter laying on the bed crying for her Daddy to come home truly broke your heart. 

"(Daughter's name)? Dinner's ready sweetheart. I made your favourite, (favourite food)!" you said with a happy tone as an attempt to cheer her up.

"Mommy, does Daddy care about us? Is being a hero more important than being with us?" asked your daughter as she wiped her tears and sat up. You didn't know how to answer this, being a hero was his dream and you knew that he loved you and your daughter.

"Of course, he cares and being a hero is a lot of hard work you know? If you feel like eating, come to the dinner table, I'll be waiting" you said as you kissed her forehead. Closing the door behind you, you sat at your usual spot at the table. 

A creaking sound can be heard from the front door. Your reflexes instantly grabbed a nearby object to use as a weapon. A soft sigh can be heard from the door and in stepped a man with white and red hair and black and blue eyes. 

Dropping your weapon, you ran into the arms of the person you longed to see. You held on as if he was going to leave in a blink of an eye.

"I'm home, where's (daughter's name)" he asked. You could tell from his voice that he was extremely tired, yet he wanted to see his child. Leading him to her bedroom, you opened the door.

"(Daughter's name), look who's here" you said as Shouto walked in. With big, red puffy eyes, your daughter looked at him in disbelief. Crouching down, he opened his arms.

"DADDY!" screamed your daughter as she ran into his arms, with the biggest smile on his face. For a long time, you wanted to see this sight. Father and daughter together once again. It was your happy family and you wouldn' trade it for anything.

I am trying to make as many chapters until school starts. I need ideas guys!! Sorry if this chapter was a bit, odd because I was writing as I went so if any parts sound weird I apologize in advance. Request are open and have a nice day/day!