Fumikage Tokoyami | It's Okay

He stared at his hands, basked in sweat. His whole body shook with terror and exhaustion. How could he let his rage and anger go out of control. Not to mention, how dangerous dark shadow became with the dark aiding him. 

He should be grateful that no one was terribly hurt. But guilt flooded him. Shouji, the kindness he held, one of his dupli-arm injured and it was all Tokoyami's fault. Tokoyami was the most sorry to him. He was a terrible partner. 

Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath in. 

"I'm sorr-"

"It's okay Tokoyami" he was abruptly cut off. He quickly glanced up at the speaker. How can it be okay? It was entirely his fault for letting dark shadow go out of control. Entirely his fault if someone gotten injured. Entirely his fault for being such a nuisance to his friends. 

His red eyes met yours. You were drenched in sweat as well. Behind you were Midoriya on Shouji's back, Todoroki and Bakugou. All panting from fighting.

"I'm such a hindrance. How can I be a hero if I can't control my emotions" he stared at his hands. He should've realized it years ago. A hero isn't his path to take. Especially for a failure like him-

"What are you talking about?" 

What?

"One mistake doesn't give you any rights to give up. What's the point of being a hero if just one mistake stops us. If that was the case, there'd be no heroes in today's society," you explained, kneeling down to him. 

"She's right Tokoyami, you can't let a mistake stop you," Midoriya added, his arms were bruised to a dark purple. No doubt that his whole arm is broken. 

"Either way, let's head back to camp. We need to get Bakugou there safely," Shouji says, gesturing towards Bakugou, who didn't seem too happy listening to how he needed to be escorted back to camp. 

You and Tokoyami stood in the back, guarding the rear. Glancing over to Tokoyami, you watched him stare at his feet. Ever since the beginning of the school year, you always admired his heroic acts and decision. In a way, he was the one who you idolized in your class. 

Putting a hand on his back, he looked up. 

"Don't be down, we can't have a member dragging us down now can we?" you smile, though your words comes to him a bit harsher than you intended. He gulps, eyes shifting elsewhere not wanting to look at you.

"I d-didn't mean it like that! I uh, meant that we all need to be at our best to take out this mission right?" You chuckled nervously. 

"It's alright if you did mean it. I'm worthless to have my own quirk go out of control and hurt my friends. Dragging the team down is exactly what I'm worth" hearing Tokoyami say that about himself really made your heart hurt. You supposed that ever since that event happened, Tokoyami's self-esteem and confidence really plummeted. 

"Tokoyami don't put yourself down like that! We all need to learn from our mistakes and sometimes the ones that we are the most regretful are the ones we learn the most from," you reasoned, 

"Is that so?" Tokoyami said, mumbling with a small smile. 

This chapter is dedicated to @Frostflame_3 who was the one who requested this. Sorry this chapter took so long, I wanted to wait for the anime to catch up so there won't be any major spoilers. This chapter was short than the usual ones because I felt like there wasn't much to go off of a specific scenario. BLESS THE GODS SCHOOL IS OVER! Requests are CLOSED and have a good day/night!