Dabi | Love Is Dangerous

Dabi is naive when it comes to love. Running after a girl only after a glimpse might be as naive one can get with love. Only fools would do such a thing. Does that make Dabi a fool then?

With his heart beating against his chest, almost begging him to run faster, Dabi is convinced that he has fallen in love. But what villain falls in love? They were cold-hearted and corrupted. Though, they are also ambitious and hard-working. Dabi couldn't care less about lives he put at stake, they were merely born at the wrong time. Ambitious and hard-working never really defined Dabi much, only obeying Shirigaki's order when he needs him. But now, he suddenly feels the urge to make that girl his, no matter what. He decided that he would chase after that girl no matter the cost. Oh my, how dangerous this game of love is going to become.

But, there was a problem. Would you love him? Would you love a villain? Especially when you works as a hero? Protecting those who's life are at risk because of him. Bringing hope to those who needs it after he shattered it. Will you love him? Would it be... a sin?

Like a river flows surely to the sea, Dabi is determined to steal your heart just like how you did with his. Stopping by a tree out of breath, he watched you walked on to the suspension bridge over looking a stream. 

"What am I thinking? I can't make her mine. She's destined to hate me. The one time being a villain sucks," Dabi mentally cursed. You stood there on the bridge, staring at the wide stream that flows under. You looked beautiful, (hair colour) hair flowing in the light breeze, your hero outfit that compliments your body so well and his favourite part, your eyes. Nothing can explain how much he loves your eyes. After all, as the saying goes, the eyes are the window to the soul, and he knows, he can see how beautiful your soul is. 

Knowing that all this foolish love need to ends, Dabi forced himself to leave. His mind and his heart was in a conflict, to stay or to leave. His mind told him to leave, that he is in no position to fall in love with his enemy but his heart told him to give it a chance. His heart told him to chase after you, no matter what. But then again, would you even love him back? Will you ever? So now, Dabi is fighting an internal conflict with himself, and he's so confused, agitated and... heartbroken. 

In the end, his mind won. He knows you won't be happy to see him and will try to arrest him by any means possible. Walking away from the tree, with his heart aching with every step, telling him that his mind was wrong, Dabi kept walking. 

That is until....

People's screams filled the air. Turning his head, he spots you on the suspension bridge helping people escape. The bridge swayed violently back and forth and it was unstable. One of the supports that held it together had snapped. In that moment of time, all of a sudden the decision he just made didn't matter anymore. His heart told him to save you, told him to get you off of that bridge by all means. 

Dabi ran like he never did before, pushing people out of the way in order to get onto the bridge. People shouted at him, calling him an idiot, imbecile, stupid and such but those words didn't matter much because he already knew he was one. 

By the time Dabi reached the bridge, you were the only one on the bridge. You held desperately onto the rope, in fear of losing your life. Stepping onto the bridge, the crowd behind him all shouted at him to stop, but like magnet, he kept walking towards you. 

"Stop you'll die!" the crowd shouted, but to Dabi, they were nothing more than just murmurs. Every step that he took, shook the bridge. The creaking of the metal supports got louder and louder as he ran to you. Nothing feared him more than losing you at that moment. He needed to save you. He needed to be your hero.

"Hey are you okay?" Dabi yelled at your shaken figure. You slowly glance up at him, eyes filled with fear.

"Y-You..." you say, stuttering as you saw the very villain you were trying to catch. Was he here to kill you? Was he here to make sure you die?

"G-Get away from me!" you shriek in terror. You knew for certain that you were going to die, whether you fall 50 metres into the stream or this villain is going to kill you.

Dabi saw the fear that you had of him as he crouched beside you. You moved away from him trying to get away from him as far as possible. You were too scared to even use your quirk, you knew this was the end. What a pitiful death.

"Stop panicking, I'll get you out here. Once I do, go ahead and arrest me if it makes you feel better" Dabi tried reassuring you, but he realizes his own stupidity in his words as he was willing to be arrested for the sake of your survival. What has gotten into him? Was love that dangerous?

Dabi felt the bridge inching closer to the stream as the supports were slowly leaning in. With no time left to spare, Dabi picked you up and ran towards one of the two ends. He didn't know if carrying you while running was the reason why the supports were leaning in a lot quicker than they were just a few minutes ago or it was gravity doing it's work but either way, he was losing time. 

The people at the end screamed with every step Dabi took, running towards the end. Ear-piercing screams that made him wondering whether they were screaming because the bridge was just about to collapse with the both of you on it, or it was because he, a villain, was trying to save a hero.

"Just a couple of steps away" Dabi encouraged himself as he ran as fast as his legs could carry him. His legs never burned with so much pain before as he ran towards the end of the bridge. He has never tried so hard to save someone. But, with all his efforts wasted, the supports of the bridge separated from the group and the supports itself, were now falling towards the stream, with you and Dabi still on the bridge, just within an arms reach away.

But Dabi reacted quicker.

He threw you onto the land with his remaining strength as the bridge began to fall. His only instinct at that moment was for you to be safe and that he wasn't gonna let you die. Because in that moment, your death feared him more than his own. 

So as he was falling down towards the stream, people still screamed, now with you screaming with them, he sang a little tune.

"So darling it goes, some things are meant to be, take my hand, take my whole life too, for I can't help falling in love with you, for I can't help falling in love with you"

Dabi now knows how dangerous love can be. He now knows how love can warp the brain into thinking foolish things.

So as his body plummets towards the shallow stream, he looks at you. 

"I love you" he whispers, before his whole body goes numb with pain and his body shutting down immediately after. 

How sad was it, that Dabi's last words, dedicated to you, never reached your ears.

This chapter is dedicated to @lpvxjb who was the one who requested this. If you guys didn't notice, this chapter was written based off Elvis's song 'Can't Help Falling In Love With You'. The original request was that since Dabi was a villain, but he still ends up falling in love with you (who was a hero.) This the last request I have and I promise I'll open them up again after I edit this whole shit-filled book I have here. As for my lack of updates, I was in China and apparently Wattpad doesn't work there. Oh well. Requests are CLOSED and have a nice day/night!