Prologue

Could you imagine not knowing your parents? Living with your grandparents? Growing up just hearing about your parents? Well my name is Bindi Horan and that's how my life has been. My siblings and I have been raised by my grandparents. I am 18 years old and trying out for X Factor UK. My dream is to perform in front of Simon Cowell. My grandparents have told me that that was how my dad got his career started and so now I wanted to try out. We are all currently on a plane to London since my audition was this Saturday. I was hoping to maybe meet my parents there. I looked over at my siblings and saw that Maura and Bobby were napping, Jackson was listening to music and looking out the window while my sister Tara was watching a band on YouTube.

"What are you watching Tar?"

"A band called One Direction."

"They are cute."

"Bin they are older than you."

"I know. I'm just saying that they are cute." I rolled my eyes at her. I took one of her earbuds out and put it in my ear. They had a good voice. I closed my eyes to them singing little things.

London

We had finally arrived and I was excited. I had never been to London before so for me this was a new experience. We all piled into a taxi that took us to our hotel. London was different than Sydney. London was dreary and Sydney was always sunny. The only good thing about London was that there was a lot of historical touristy things to do. I loved anything that had to do with history. That's what I wanted to do in university if I ever got that far. We got to the hotel and piled out but before we could even get through the doors my brothers had to be dumb heads and were hitting each other. Me on the other hand was hungry. My grandma said I got the love for food from my dad. Once we got checked in and found our rooms I was on the hunt for food.

"Tar, Maura I'm going out to get something to eat. Do you want anything?"

"No I'm good. Tell grandma or grandpa that you are going out." Maura shook her head and I rolled my eyes and left. I went to the boys' room to see if they wanted anything. I knocked on the door and waited. Finally, Bobby opened up,

"Hey. Do you guys want anything?"

"No I'm good. Jack want anything?"

"No." I left and went down to the lobby to ask where I could get something good to eat. The elevator took forever to get to my floor so I took the stairs. Once I got to the front desk the cute receptionist looked at me.

"Hi. Where can I get something to eat around here?"

"Well what are you looking for?"

"Anything really."

"Well there is a Nando's right next door."

"Perfect. Thank you." I headed out the door and went to Nando's. I ordered a peri peri chicken to go and paid and waited. They gave it to me ten minutes later and I left to go back to my hotel. I knew Tara would be jealous since she loved Nando's. Good thing I got two forks for us to share. I got back to my room and set my food down on the desk and went to the bathroom. After doing my business and putting my pajamas on I went back outside. What I saw made me mad. Tara was eating my food.

"Tar!" She looked up and saw me.

"Sorry, but you know I love Nando's."

"Give me a fork." I took the fork and started to eat some of the food. I didn't realize how tired I was until I sat on my bed and actually relaxed. I ended up throwing my fork away and getting into bed.

"Do you not want anymore?"

"You guys have at it." They happily ate it and I snuggled into the bed. Darkness took over in a minute.