Live show week 1

It's Saturday night and I'm so nervous. It's live show week 1 and I'm standing with the girls.

"Are you guys ready?"

"I just want to get it over with." I nodded my head at them and then heard Dermot come out and start talking to the crowd.

"Well looks like it's show time." They nodded their heads and we all headed to the waiting area. Act after act went out and they all really brought their A game. That made me nervous. I hope the public liked my song. I heard Simon introduce me and then my video came on. I watched as they showed me with my family and then me singing at rehearsals. I talked for a little before my photo shoot video came up. I took a deep breath and walked out. I got into position and waited for the part when I start to sing. I reminded myself to sing from my heart and just picture Brad the boy whose heart I broke. It was finally time to sing and I let it all out with some tears coming out. I looked at the crowd and then at the judges. I moved around and finally finished. I wiped my tears and then walked over to the judges. Louis was up first.

"Wow Bindi. What a voice you have. I loved it and I know James would be so happy and would be blown away to hear you sing his song. Good job!"

"Thank you!" Now it was Rita's turn.

"Wow Bindi. I have to agree with Louis. What a great voice you have. You must get it from your dad. What a powerful range you have. Great job."

"Thank you Rita." I looked at Nick now.

"Bindi! Bindi! What are we going to do with you? The acts have been doing so well tonight and you have just made it so much better. I think that you are the best voice I have heard tonight. Good job!" He clapped at me and I said "thank you." I turned to Simon my mentor and godfather and smiled.

"Bindi! I hated that not! I loved it. You were having such a hard time with that song this week and tonight you really brought it. I think the public will be dumb if they don't let you to return. I loved this performance and you did a great job!"

"Thank you Simon." I was smiling from ear to ear. Dermot came out and stood next to me and asked "After hearing those comments what did you think of tonight's performance?"

"I was so nervous backstage, but once I came out I just told myself I had to sing from the heart and that's what I did. I had such a great time singing that and it was fun."

"Well good job Bindi. We will see you tomorrow night." I hugged him and then waved at the crowd before going backstage.

"Ahhhhhhh Bindi what a great job." I hugged all the girls and then moved onto everybody else. All the contestants were now friends with each other and I didn't want to see any of them leave tomorrow. But as the game goes every week we lose one person until it's one on one. I hoped I stayed until the end. After all that was my dream.

Night one ended and I went home to my parents' house. Simon wanted me at the house with the other contestants, but I wanted to be with my parents' and he understood. We all sat around the living room talking about how the night went. Of course my dad had to voice his thoughts. I rolled my eyes, but made mental notes. He told me I was off on some notes, but otherwise it was a good performance. I told them I was going to bed at half past ten. I hugged and kissed everybody before making my way to bed. I put my pajamas on, turned the lights out, and climbed into bed. Once I closed my eyes I was out. The next day I was so nervous until it was time to go to the studio. My dad wrapped an arm around my shoulder and walked me out and into London traffic. We took my dad's car since mum's was in the shop. I wouldn't talk to anyone I was so nervous. Let's just say once we got to the studio I was the first one out and then the first one into the bathroom. I puked everything out and then some more.

"Bindi are you in here?" My mum called out. I made a whimper sound to alert her where I was.

"Oh my darling girl." She helped me off the floor and I washed my face and mouth out.

"Here's some gum for the breath." I took the piece and started chewing it. I walked out with my mum and saw everyone outside.

"Are you okay kiddo?"

"Yeah I just let the nerves get to me."

"Look we will be in the audience and Simon will be there to comfort you whether you get in or not." I nodded my head and went backstage.

"Oh Bindi. Finally, you're here!" I looked around and everybody was either dressed, getting dressed, or having their makeup done.

"Let me do your hair and makeup. Then pick out your outfit." I nodded my head and sat down. Grace was to my left and when I looked at her she looked so confident.

"Good luck tonight." I told her.

"You too." I looked ahead and saw the braid they were doing.

"Let's go light on the makeup tonight."

"Alright." Before I could snap my fingers it was time to sing a song with the other finalists. I didn't particularly like the song choice, but it wasn't my choice. I just went out there sang my parts and then went backstage again. Simon joined us a minute later and wished us all good luck. I hugged him and then went to stand next to him. He took my hand and I took Grace's. We went out first and we all walked down the stairs together. It was time to learn our fate and I was about to puke again. Dermot came out and started announcing names. All of Louis's contestants made it in, Rita's boys made it in, two of Nick's group's made it in, and Grace made it in. It was me, another girl, and one of Nicks groups.

"Finally, the last name I'll call is Bindi!" I jumped up and down before hugging Simon and running off to the others. I hugged them all and then waited for Dermot to finish talking. The safe one's being us were told that we could go backstage. We all walked backstage and watched the two contestants sing. In the end the group went home. I hugged them and wished them luck with whatever they would end up doing. My family came backstage and congratulated me. Simon then came backstage too and congratulated Grace and I. He hugged Grace while he kissed my forehead and told me that I was the luckiest person alive. I thanked him before walking out with my family. I was so happy and excited to be going onto week 2. Week 1 was over and I now could breathe again.

(SyT