Trust is a two way street

We had the bonfire set up in the backyard and all the food laid out. We invited Simon who brought Lauren and Eric. No talk of the X Factor was made. Everyone laughed and enjoyed themselves that night. I didn't want to think about next week and the live shows. I just wanted to be in the moment and happy. I'm currently sitting to the side, sipping a beer, and looking at the stars.

"Hey. Bindi right?" I looked up to see Louis and El's son Hayden looking at me.

"Yeah that's me." He started to sit and then got up quickly.

"Is it okay if I sit?"

"Sure of course." He looked relieved and sat down.

"How are you liking LA?"

"It's alright. I miss Sydney, but I'm excited to get back to London and work."

"Oh I wanted to congratulate you on getting into the live shows. Uncle Si is a great person to be working with."

"How long have you known him and my dad?"

"A long time."

"I don't know what to think of them. This is all so confusing. I came here to audition for the X Factor not find my long lost family."

"I don't know how that must feel, but I have known your dad and mum for my whole life and they are the best people I know."

"Why would they give us up then?"

"I can't answer that."

"I was happy thinking that my grandparents were my parents. I was happy being in the unknown. I have a boyfriend back home who loves me. I have friends who love me. I don't need two people who say they are my mum and dad right now."

"Just give them a chance." He was making me mad.

"Look if they want to just walk back into my life then they are going to have to work on it." I got up and threw my beer out before going up to my room. I closed the door and put my back against it. I let out a sigh and saw my arm was a little wet. I touched my cheek and saw it was wet. That's when I realized that I was crying.

Knock Knock Knock

I wiped my tears and said "who's there?"

"It's your mum. Can I come in?"

"Now's not a good time."

"Bindi please." I didn't answer her and instead I heard her sigh.

"Look I'll be in my bedroom when you want to talk." She must have walked away since I didn't hear breathing on the other side of the door. I wiped my face and got up. Time for answers. I opened my door and walked down the hallway to her door. I knocked on the door and saw her head shoot up.

"Bindi come here." I walked over and climbed into bed with her. She put her arm around me and I laid my head on her shoulder.

"I'm going to tell you why I gave you to your grandparents and if you have any questions please just wait until the end." I heard her sigh before starting.

"I had you and your brother when I was 20. Your father was 21 and we were young, but so in love and happy to have you both. Your father was touring with his band when I had you two and thank god your grandma was with me or else I don't know how I would've been able to take care of both of you. Six months in it was the night of the Brits. I went with your aunts to have a good night out and to accept the award that your father and uncles won. It was the end of the night and I was a little drunk when your nanny called me and told me your brother wasn't breathing. We all rushed to the hospital to find that he was indeed dead. They called it SIDS and had no idea why babies died like that. After that your dad went back on tour and I was pregnant with your sister Tara. Now let's fast forward three years. You're three, Tara's two and Jacksons one. Your dad is touring and I'm home since I have decided to give my company to your aunts until I was ready. You guys were all a handful and I insisted on doing it all myself. No nannies and my mum wasn't around. Plus, your father and I were in the middle of a divorce. We both had a mutual agreement that him touring and me being at home and never seeing him was grounds for a divorce. We decided we wanted to be friends. The bad thing with that was that I was pregnant with your sister and brother. I was at my NY house when I gave birth to your sister and brother. Your dad was in town and I went to his concert and brought all of you just to find out that I ended up back in the hospital for ripping out my stitches when I jumped on your father and scared him. Anyway that was when we realized that we were still in love. We then decided to start dating again and then he proposed again. Once again we went back to London and started having our problems. He was busy golfing every day since they were on their break. I never saw him. I made the decision by myself to let your grandparents raise you without his consent. I loved you guys so much and it broke my heart to leave you guys, but my relationship with your father was more important to me at the time. My parents agreed to watch you guys and I thought we would have been able to raise you after a year or two, but our counselor suggested that we leave you guys and just focus on us. That's what we did, but there was never a day that we didn't regret not having you guys. My parents and your uncle Ashton always gave us updates with pictures. We were happy with where you guys were heading. Now we have you guys back and we aren't letting go. We want to be involved with every step of your lives now. We love you guys so much." She kissed my forehead at the end and I wiped my tears again.