Chapter 1 "Iris"

Death is just the beginning. It's a part of our lives that brings change to every person's fate. It affects not only the person who lost his life but also those people whom he has left behind. Like a flower's life span, you can tell how beautiful your life is in the way you bloom each day for the person whom you cared and love. Each memory is very important since its serve as your legacy of your existence.

It was one afternoon during the autumn season; Iris and Michael and their mother, Claire, were having an afternoon tea at their garden.

Michael, 17 years old, sat beside their mother, while Iris, 11 yrs old, was staring at a white iris flower. The Eirlenhive garden was full of different kinds of plants from flowers to trees which were in enclosed in the family's botanical garden.

Iris looks at her brother with a puzzled expression and started to ask a question that has been bothering her. "Michael, why did you give me the name Iris? Mother said that you were the one who gave me that name."

With a smile tugging on his lips, a smile that a good brother would give to his favorite sister, Michael stood up and went towards her, "Oh, why did I give you that name? I don't really have an Idea", he said with a serious face.

Iris stared at him, waiting for him to give a reply that would support his answer. Yet, he didn't say anything. "You're joking again Michael", said Iris with a disappointed face.

All of a sudden Michael and their mother laughed at Iris, as if thinking that Iris reacted wrongly on their conversation.

Michael plucked an Iris flower and explained everything to her.

"You know Iris, I give you that name because I know that someday you will resemble this flower, its scent, its whiteness, pureness and everything about this flower. Only few people can understand how beautiful it is. What makes this flower important", he pause for a moment while he was putting the flower on Iris' right ear, then smiled and continue what he was saying, "It never leaves the precious person even after death. You have your own fate Iris. You should learn how to deal with it"

With a smile tugging on her lips, she immediately replied to her brother "Thank you Brother".

Michael patted Iris, "You're welcome my dear, I know that even a mist will not bewitched you to stop growing"

While Michael explained to her the reason why he gave her the name Iris, Iris felt that he really mean something about it. It is not a simple name for a young girl like his sister but he was pertaining to something that is inflicting him pain. Their mother cut their little conversation and told the two of them to continue their tea time together.

Iris looked outside behind the crystal casing of their garden. The warmth of the sun is still present even though it is already twilight. The place is so peaceful and quiet; the only thing you can hear is their laughter as they enjoy their bonding time with each other.

Iris told herself "my brother will always be with me", then she look at him with a joyful face.

The Eirlenhive Family is a first rate noble that came from the line of the present England Monarchy. They own a group of companies that is very famous throughout England. They also have lots of connections to the different noble families in England.

The head of the Eirlenhive family is Charles Eirlenhive, he let Michael handle their company since he decided to retire early to spend some time with Iris and Claire. He believes that Michael the ability to run the company with his talent.