Chapter 13 "Unveiling the Truth"

Two days has already passed after the Abyssal Tempest meeting at the Turner Manor. It was a snowy afternoon. Iris was in Michael's room to look for some clues that will support her deductions about the case.

Margarethe knocked on the door. "Lady Iris, you have a mail." she said behind the door.

"You may come in Margarethe." said Iris.

Margarethe walked inside and she handed the letter to Iris then left immediately.

Iris opened the letter. It was addressed to her and was sent by Claudia Twining. When she saw the thing that she was looking inside the envelop she placed it immediately at the box given by Michael. "Now let's answer the third and the last riddle." uttered Iris, reading the two riddles. "The pieces of answer were already in the hands of the fallen angel, Aeon, who was in the mist of illusion to hide it from the eyes of the felon who caused Teon to suffer the bars of fury." "The flower that hides in the golden bars of heaven has awoken the sleeping maiden of future as a part to solve the mystery of the riddle in the mist.""

Thanks to Margarethe, she was able to explain to herself what she was lacking. She realized that the pocket watch is one of the key and the book explained it and the box that she git from Mirai, and for the second riddle she thought that she will need someone to help her and maybe her brother is intending that girl to invite her at the audience. Wait, the maiden of future.. Does Mirai know about this case? Out of curiosity Iris took her phone out and called Mirai,

The phone rang and a few moments later, Mirai answered the phone. "Good afternoon Mirai" she said.

On the other side of the phone Mirai spoke. "Iris, I know you'll call me once you got that box from me." she said.

Iris thinks that Mirai already know what she was going to ask her, so she went straight to the point and said what she wanted to say. "Can you go at the Royal Court tomorrow?"

"Of course Iris, for I am The Maiden in Black Dress." responded Mirai and then she hung up the phone.

Mirai's words echoed in her ears. Why did Mirai sy that she is the Maiden in the Black Dress if that novel was only a story that was made by Michael for Iris? Wait, Iris think again of a possible answers for that. She thinks that the story was made by Michael as a gift for Mirai and the only ones who have a copy of the book were her and Mirai and even the Abyssal Tempest doesn't hold a copy of the book. They don't even know that such book exists. "Don't tell me that book represents me, Mirai, Michael and the first culprit." she said. That means the answer to the third riddle is the book which explains everything about the culprit's reasons. Now that everything is done, Iris took all the evidence that she has that will help her tomorrow and placed it inside a container.

Night falls and morning comes faster than they expected. It is as if they are excited to the audience that the Abyssal Tempest asked for. Only a small Factions in the Royal court and the King know about the existence of this group but they don't know the leader of this group. All noble families with ranks are invited to the audience including Charles and Claire Eirlenhive. The Palace is full of powerful and influential people that contribute to the prosperity of England. They are 25 to be exact and most of them are under the King's jurisdiction. For the Abyssal Tempest's, five members served as representatives but since they are also members of the 25 Nobles of the Fortuna Factions only Reim and Aoi were the ones who are wearing a hooded cloak to hide identity. Iris entered inside the court of the palace and stood at the center.

"I am Iris Fortuna Eirlenhive, the second child of Count Charles Eirlenhive and Princess Claire Fortuna Eirlenhive. I stand here before all of you, Your Majesty, King Rupert Fortuna, his highnesses Prince Philip and Prince Arthur and the 25 members of the Fortuna Factions to tell all of you that I already have the answer behind the death of Count Michael Fortuna Eirlenhive." Iris bowed down for a moment to give some respect to the people in front of her. Charles and Claire were shocked to see Iris in front of the court. The two were hoping that Iris is doing the right thing.