Chapter 11 "The Gathered Pieces"

When Sora finished eating his afternoon snack and spending some time with Iris, he left before Iris' parents arrived. He needs to go home now since Kai and Philip will go to their mansion to give something to him. (Sora was in a good mood after they finished that mind twisting riddle of Michael.)

It was a warm afternoon, only a few more minutes before twilight. The limousine with an Eirlenhive crest arrived. The people seated inside were Charles and Claire, arriving after a long meeting that they attended for that day.

"Welcome back Master Charles and Lady Claire." said the butler, who opened their limousine's door.

Charles went out first and then assisted his wife on getting out of the car. "Thank you William. Is Iris already here?" asked Charles.

"Lady Iris is waiting for the two of you inside the mansion. She was with young master Sora earlier." answered William.

"Charles what are you going to do with those three letters?" asked Claire.

"I'll talk to her later. For now, let's go inside and take some rest." said Charles.

The two of them went inside the mansion and went to their own room to take a rest for a moment. They are a bit busy taking care of the company since they are currently tracing some mysterious record that was added to their company. Michael used to investigate this one and he succeeded to stop it but now another account appeared out of nowhere.

Iris is currently thinking what will be the item that was inside the box. She is currently reading the book that she got from Michael's room. She also saw some kind of code or password written at the back of the book. Maybe it was some sort of password from Michael's computer that might help her when she already gathered the data that she needs for Michael's case.

A knock on the door caught her attention.

"Lady Iris, the dinner is already served" said Margarethe behind the door.

Iris check on her pocket watch, wanting to know the time. It is already seven in the evening. She put the book down on her table and placed the watch beside it. "I will be there shortly, Margarethe." she said. Margarethe already left after she heard Iris' replied. Iris' combed her hair first then closed her window and then left her room. She immediately proceeded to the dining room.

"How's school, my dear?" ask Claire. "Have a sit here."

Iris sat beside Claire. "It's fine Mother. Ms. Elisabeth is the one that teaches the Modern History and Philosophy." she said. "Wow, banana split for dessert! I love it Chef! "

"It's my pleasure Lady Iris" replied the happy chef.

"I have something to discuss with you Iris so see me after this at the balcony in the east wing near our room" said Charles.

"Yes, Father." replied Iris.

They started eating now. Iris is bothered about the riddle and that box so she doesn't have much appetite she only ate a little for the main course then for the dessert. Charles and Claire were happy to see Iris recovering little by little but sometimes they feel worried about her.

After eating, she took something to her room then she immediately proceeded to the balcony where her father was waiting. Charles is seating at an inclined chair and resting for a little while. You can see at his face that he was really tired and stressed because of some business matters. Charles is already an old man but he is a healthy person, he has no vices and he makes it sure that he has some time for his family now. He promised Michael that he will take care of Iris from now on and he will keep his words.