∆ 1f. Parenting ∆

Outfit (picture on side/top)
••∆••∆••∆••∆••∆••

"Michael. Michael wake up."

"No."

"You have to. It's already ten."

"Too early."

"Get up lazy butt."

"Why?"

"We have to tell my mum today Michael."

"Ugh."

"Exactly. Now up." Ashton left a smack on Michael's ass, which was sticking up in the air. "You said you'd do this with me!"

"Don't wanna. Wanna sleep."

"So do I. But my mom will be home in two hours and I need to pick up my brother and sister from their friend's houses and go on poop duty in the yard."

"That'll take five minutes."

"No! Lauren and Harry are thirty minutes away. So that's already an hour once we come back. And," he mused. "You're helping with Indie's shit in the backyard."

"But I'm pregnant."

"So?"

"So I can't move. I'm immobile."

"Tough shit. Let's go."

Michael pouted.

"Come on. It isn't hard. You even get the passenger seat."

"I hate you."

"Perfect, my Princess."

Michael rolled his eyes and shoved Ashton.

••∆••∆••∆••

"Mum..."

"Can you set the table for dinner?"

"Yeah. Can I talk to you after, though?"

"Sure honey, no problem."

Ashton set the table, eyes not leaving his mother, who was draining the pasta. She stirred in the butter, before starting to divide it on six plates (the sixth for Michael). Michael joined the two in the kitchen, standing next to Ashton by the island.

She wiped her hands off on a dish towel. "Hit me."

"So, there was something a few weeks ago...at Cal's house."

"Yeah, yeah-that party thing. Don't tell me you knocked some girl up."

"I didn't! I knocked a guy up..."

"Wow! That is great," she sarcastically replied with a scowl and her hands on her hips. "You said you were straight." She rolled her eyes.

"Mum, please don't be mad. We're getting jobs. And we-we'll support the baby."

"Is it Michael? That's why he's been over so much?" She rubbed her hands over her face, thinking this through.

"Yes...His parents don't want the baby. And we were kind of hoping you'd be more supportive."

"I'm too young to be a grandma Ashton!" She paced the room, her fingertips massaging her temples.

He whimpered and moved closer Michael.

"Of course I'd support your decisions, but you're still a baby. So is he!" She shook her head and took a deep breath. "You can stay here. Raise him or her. I'd help some. But, both," she pointed to them, "of ya's are getting jobs. And paying for most of this. And pay rent."