∆ 2o. Daddy ∆

Outfit (picture on side/top)
••∆••∆••∆••∆••∆••

"There's something–There is something wrong with the baby."

"Michael? Tell me you're lying. Just I get it–it's a prank. Oh God."

"I'm not lying! Just get your ass here." Michael spoke quickly and with assertiveness. He hung up the phone and groaned back into his seat. He clenched his hand over his barely noticable bump.

Luke sped past the yellow light, which wouldn't be illegal if he wasn't going fifteen miles over the speed limit. "How bad does it hurt?"

"Like it's ripping my large intestine out of my body. And it's every time I move so I'm trying to stay in one position but it gets really uncomfortable and I have to shift."

"You just started your second trimester, right?"

Michael nodded and rested his neck–his head hung forward–back on the headrest.

"So, it's not like...the baby is–"

"No. No, it's just weird feeling. I hope nothing's wrong and the doctor says that I have gas and I'm overreacting."

"Yeah me too, Mikey. But what if there's nothing wrong directly with the baby and you have like appendicitis. Like it's still bad but not with the baby."

"Luke! What the fuck! Then I'd have to have surgery and Baby would die. You numb nut. Stop saying that shit. Because it'll really stress me out and I'd die."

"No, no. Don't die. Please. Just don't." Luke turned on his high beams and pressed harder on the gas pedal.

"I don't think anything is really wrong. But this hurts like a mother fucker."

"Almost there. Like two minutes at most." He turned off his high beams and turned the corner to meet an intersection. He stopped at the red light, reluctantly. "Two more lights and we're there. Are you gonna need a wheel chair?"

"I can walk. I'm not paralyzed." Michael moaned through the sharp stabbing. "Hurry the fuck up!"

"It's a red light!"

"Jesus Christ." Michael glared at the dashboard, but his eyes didn't focus. "Go, go," he grumbled as the light changed color.

Luke went faster and landed at the hospital's parking lot 1.34 minutes later. He parked closest to the entrance and darted around the front of the car to let his friend out. He held out his arm to allow Michael to rest his weight on it as he stood up. He yelled out while standing. He began walking to the automatic sliding glass doors without Luke's help. Luke locked the car and followed behind Michael to make sure he didn't topple over.

Once they got through the door, a nurse rushed over bad offered a wheelchair. Michael glared at Luke as he sat down. "I'm okay. Just like...three months pregnant and having weird cramps."

The nurse didn't speak immediately, just wheeled him to a curtained off area with a bed that smelled of Lysol. "What do you mean by weird? Is it all lower?"

Michael nods as a doctor walks over. "It feels like everything is spreading...and it hurts like pinching."

"Sometimes as the uterus enlarges, it stretches the round ligaments--two big ligaments that travel off the front of the uterus and down into the groin," Dr. Duff stated. "Your pain is most likely due to the baby's growth and your intestines shifting around to make room."

"That happens at 14 weeks?"

"Yes it can, but we're going to give you an ultrasound to be safe and we'll run a few tests to be completely sure."