Chapter 2

"Good training today guys!" Diggy clapped his hands together and looked at us all. We all clapped a little too and cheered a bit before putting our hands together and chanting "Girls Team" together. I was exhausted. It'd been two weeks and our training sessions had been changed to three times a week to prepare us for the match against the Sudbury High School girls team this coming Monday.

I walked over with Kayla and Marie to grab our bags and head to the changing rooms but before that, I felt someone tap my shoulder. "Y/N.." I heard and I turned to Diggy who stood behind me. "What is it?" I asked. "What is it coach.." he tried to correct me. "During practice you're coach. After that you're whoever." I said and I was annoyed. I was trying for weeks to get over Diggy but seeing him every week made it harder and my desperation to forget my feelings made me annoyed and frustrated with seeing him.. but I couldn't doubt that the feelings still laid there.

"I was just gonna ask if you were gonna tell me why you were ignoring me.." "Is that is?" I bluntly said, perhaps coming across as irritated or rude accidentally. "Well, can I try and get it out of you? Prove myself?" he suggested and I folded my arms and tilted my head at his suggestion. "Elaborate.." "I could take you on a date.." "we're not going on a date." I stated. "Fine. Just a day out then" he said and I nodded. "Fine, let's do it..". He smirked at my response and I shook my head and turned away at his immature thought. "Not in that way." I said, trying to resist a smile. "You want it that way though, huh?" he smiled at me and I impatiently walked away from him and to the changing rooms. 

"What just happened?" Kayla asked me when I walked in. "He wants to take me out to try and talk to me..." I told them. "So go.." Marie perked up, I could hear the excitement in her voice. "Go, it'll be like a date.." "No, no I am not going on a date with him, I'm ruling that out..." I said to her. "Fine. A day out then.." she said and smirked at me, almost like she wanted me to want it to be a date.. I rolled my eyes at her and continued getting changed and headed to my class. Can this day be over, please?

I walked out of the changing rooms and I passed Diggy and his friends after I got changed and he looked at me and smiled devilishly. He touched my arm and I turned to him. "Prepare yourself for Saturday.." he said as I turned around and his friends were jeering and joking around. I rolled my eyes and breathed frustratedly at him and walked off speedily down the corridor. "You gon hit that?" one of his friends asked. "Hell yeah, I'ma do more than that..." Diggy jeered, assuming I was out of earshot and he was dapping and lauging with his friends. I was so angered. I'll turn up on Saturday and let him know what he's missing...

Saturday came and I told Diggy beforehand that I changed my mind and he should take me up on that offer of a date. I arrived at the restaurant he'd picked and I stepped out of my bcar and gave the keys to the valet and headed in. "Your reservation please?" the waitress said to me. "Simmons.." I said kind of uncertainly to her and she escorted me to the table where Diggy was sat waiting for me. As I approached, he stood up to greet me like a gentleman.. a far cry from what I last thought of him. I was in a red lace skater dress that was cute and showed off my enviable figure. I wore black heels with it and I had a black clutch to match and my hair was perfecly done to frame my face . "You look beautiful" Diggy breathed almost surprisingly. I simply sat down and made myself look ladylike at the table. 

"You okay?" he asked me. "I'm fine.." I lied, hiding the anger I felt and my blood was boiling. We ordered the food and our drinks and Diggy seemed so.. shy and nervous, it was weird. He constantly attempted to make conversation with me and he was embarrassing himself and I answered his questions bluntly but confidently. "You know, I never thought you were so..beauitiful.." Diggy said to me as we made our way out of the restaurant and he guided me out with his hand on my back. "You know what, I've kept this bottled up for a few days now.." I said once we were outside, the frustration in my voice becoming evident to us both. "What is it?" he asked me confused. "You're a douche.." I stated. 

"I heard what you said.. you're gonna do more than 'hit that'... and yeah I'm not deaf.." I said and he was so embarrassed. "You know I ain't real about that.." "No I don't know." I folded my arms and looked at him unimpressed, this wasn't looking too good for him. "That's just what guys do. We lie to impress each other.. you girls are all honest but with guys you have to establish yourself.." "You shouldn't have to lie about yourself to anyone.. that just makes you so fake.." I said and I walked to the Valet with my ticket so they could being my car around. 

"I'm not fake.. I want you to get to know me. The real me. I'm sorry.." "I bet you are.." I said as my car was driven and parked in front of me. I took two steps and I felt a hand holding my arm back. "Y/N, please.." Diggy pleaded. "You're just... you're different." he said and my face changed from resentful to attentive. Yeah you definitely have a crush on him my head told me. "You're so much more beautiful outside of school.." "But I'm never noticed in school and you notice me outside because I dress different." I told him. "I'm not one of those attention seeking girls.. besides, why did you ask me here anyway?" I asked him and he looked down. 

"I wanted to know why you were avoiding me" he said. "Because you're a player and I don't date players.. you got a whole herd of girls to choose from and they love the attention they get and I liked you for so long and I gave up on you.." I told him, almost so fast because I wanted this over with and I wanted to go home now. "You like me?" he repeated  and looked at me as I stood in front of him. "What, you never got the hint?" I said and finally got in my car and started up the engine. "No I didn't.." he protested. "Well, it looks like it's too late now" I said from inside the car and sped off..