Chapter 13

Have you ever had your first time with the person you love? Taking it slow, understanding and exploring each other’s bodies for the first time? Feeling so in love and even though your heart is racing and you’re so, so scared, you’re glad it’s with someone you love and care for and who feels the same or even more for you? Gentle, admiring love that could only last hours but it felt like mere minutes of happiness? From the searing pain between my legs to loving the sight of his face above mine, loving me, smiling at me and kissing my lips. I loved him. He’s put me through a lot of shit and it’s been rocky… but I loved him. The person who makes you so mad, angry and annoyed but still manages to put a smile on your face. The only one who had the power to break your heart then put all the pieces back together as perfectly as how you’d wake up afterwards with nothing but the pleasing memory of your embrace on your mind.

I don’t know how we fell asleep. I remember Diggy kissing my lips as I lay on my bed, slumped and tired. The next morning came beautifully. The sun peeked through the curtains of the hotel room and woke me slowly. I was… naked. It made me smile that he was the only person to see me naked. Flaws, fat and uneven skin. I was happy, I rolled my head to look next to me. Diggy. On his pillow, facing me. His long eyelashes flared out. His lips, pink as watermelon and poking out cutely. His breaths were slow but deep. So handsome, I didn’t wanna wake him. Between my legs was sore… I could barely move my leg around under the sheets. He was gentle with me all night. Passionate and loving, all I could ever want for my first time. But between my legs really hurt. I could barely move.

I snuggled up in the sheets; I leaned over and pecked his lips gently at first. He grumbled lightly in his sleep as I pulled away and licked them before snoring again. I chuckled quietly to myself. This time, I kissed him, sliding my tongue in his mouth, I felt him reciprocate. A hand slid up to my inner thigh and rubbed it gently. I squealed at where he touched. I was still aching there. He smirked and his teeth bit down gently on my bottom lip, pulling it closer for a deeper kiss. After that last kiss, he peeked his eyes open, looking into mine. His, a glistening brown shade made me feel warm as I laid beside him.

“You okay?” he asked and I nodded a little. “I’m just a little sore, that’s all” I almost whispered to him. “You’ll feel better later baby, I’ll make sure of that” he smiled and got up and out of the bed. Somehow, part of me didn’t want him to leave.  I felt so attached. Puppy love. Something I thought would never happen to me. To be apart from him made me only miss him so much. “Daniel…” I called to him calmly. He turned around as he pulled on his boxers. I smirked. “Yeah?” he matched my expression with a small grin. “Where are we?” “Mexico” he replied as if I was being dumb. “No…” I shook my head as I held the covers up to my chest to shield my naked body. “Us… what are we?” I asked innocently. He smiled, simply. “You’re my baby. My girl… and I love you” he said. “I hope I proved that to you last night”. I couldn’t help but gaze at him as he finished speaking. “His baby… his girl” my mind repeated in whispers.

"Y/N...?" I heard along with a series of knocks at the door a few hours later. I looked up at Diggy who immediately darted to the bathroom, grabbing his shirt on the way. I limped from the bed to the door.. And of course, it was my mom. "Are you okay honey? I’m sorry about last night, I should have came to check on you but I thought you’d be asleep” she said. “It’s fine… Diggy came to check on me. We sorted things out.” “Oh good.. did you guys talk?” “Um..”. “No, we had sex for the first time” my mind said to me. “Yeah, we just talked it all out with each other” I lied.  “Well, it's our last day here. I just want you guys to be okay” she smiled and left. “I’ll be at breakfast in the restaurant in 30” She eventually left and I finally walked back into my room. Diggy emerged from the bathroom. “We talked huh? More like our bodies did the talking and mouths did the moaning” he chuckled before I’d throw a pillow at him. “ I smirked a little. “Shut up…” He came up behind me , holding my waist as I stood in my warm cotton robe. “Make me…” he challenged.

"I don't wanna leave.." I pouted as I handed Diggy my bag to put in the overhead of the plane a few hours later. I slumped in my window seat and he sat beside me. "I know, but it was fun, huh?" he wrapped his arm around me. I knew this flight would have me slumped, so I strapped myself in and leaned on Diggy to sleep. He fixed his posture and asked a flight attendant for a blanket so I was comfortable and I smiled when I found my comfy spot.. the side of his arm. “I’m glad we talked things out” he spoke. “What’s everyone gonna say?” I replied softly and gave a deep sigh. My friends would only be happy for me, I wasn’t sure for his and the rest of the school who’d talked so endlessly about our relationship. “I don’t care for them. Babe, it doesn’t matter. We have our whole lives to worry. I’m so sorry about everything that happened before with Alyssa and the abortion… I hate myself for being so stupid. I only care for you and I’m sorry” he kissed my head and I smiled.

For the following months that we were together, I previously had no idea of what it was like to be truly in love. Diggy made me feel… I don’t even know. I don’t know how he made me feel because it was so amazing. He was a complete gentleman. Catered to my needs, made sure I was always okay, that I was never unloved or upset and I consistently did the same. Uplifting him, motivating him and being his confidant when times got hard. We applied for colleges. I got three of my choices and Diggy got into four with a basketball scholarship in two. The best part was.. we were going to the same college together now. Kayla and Marie went to while me and Dig stuck by each other. The best part was knowing we could study together and only helped each other go further….

The worst part? I walk into my first class, high hopes and confidence and making new friends within seconds of being on campus, I go to my first lecture, happy and excited to learn and be here. I get a text from Diggy, wishing me a good first day... then guess what happens when I look up.