Chapter 14

"Jason?" I looked at him, confused and astonished he was here. My face had completely dropped. "Y/N? Wow.." he came over to sit next to me, hugging me welcomingly first. I saw the glares and stares from some girls in their seats, fixing their eyes on me.. I felt the stares and the jealousy in the room as Jason came over and sat next to me, smiling and focused on me and only me like I was the only person in the room. "I didn't expect you to even be here... At a technology college too " he smiled at me. "You too..." I said to him. Of all people, I didn't expect Jason to be here. "What made you wanna study Economics?" "I've always loved Economics! I was so good at it.." I said. He gave me the side eye and I laughed. "Okay... I'm not the best" "You forgot how to add simple numbers when I last helped you on that math test a couple years back...". There was a little awkward pause. We both knew how we ended those years back.

"Whatever.." I mumbled jokingly and smirked, looking away from him as he laughed to himself. His laugh made me smile. I remember when we used to be close. "Alright class... welcome to Economics.." Our teacher started. "Hey, do you have a pen I could borrow?" Jason asked me quietly as out teacher chatted through the introduction. I rose my eyebrow at him. "Bad, bad impression on the first day" I whispered as I reached for a spare and handed it to him. "I guess I'll have to find a way to impress you then" he smirked at me and twirled the pen as I rolled my eyes.

Coming out of the classroom, I saw how Jason was occupied by a bunch of girls, swooning over him. I just left, it didn't hold me back at all. I came out of the lecture and saw Diggy, holding a bar of Hershey's chocolate for me. "Hey babe.." I walked up hugged him. "How was your first lecture?" he asked. I sighed. "Long... but I managed to enjoy it. My teacher is really good" I smiled. "That's my girl.." Diggy began to lead me away by my hand. As I took a few steps, I felt like I was being pulled back. "Waitttt!" I heard a desperate whine and a little laugh behind me. I turned to find Jason pulling me with both hands by my waist to stop me going. He finally stood up properly. "Your pen" he tapped it on my nose and laughed a little. "Thanks.." I laughed almost awkwardly and took it from him. 

He looked behind me. "Diggy?" "Hi.." Diggy replied, wrapping his arm around me protectively, just so he made it clear to everyone that I was his and he was mine. "I thought you went off to UCLA on a scholarship?" "I was going to... but I wanted to stay with my girl. And they had my subjects here, so.. all is good huh?" he shrugged happily. "I guess I'll.. see you around. See you next class Y/N" he said before walking off. "Babe.." I turned to him. "What?" he laughed a little. "I see the way you actin" "Relax baby... just making it clear to him that you're my girl and nobody else's. In case he wants to try anything witchu" he kissed my cheek. "Mm, okay. Whatever you say" I smiled. 

Walking through campus, me and Diggy had the rest of the day together, I loved it. We laughed and joked together. I'd play with him and tease him while he'd kiss me on my cheek, hand or lips just because he wanted to. I loved when he was sweet like this. We took a trip into town and just looked around, maybe buying some clothes and little things that we each needed in our dorm room. Diggy walked past a shop that was for babies. Cribs, pushchairs, toys and clothes. He just stood at the window, admiring everything. "Babe imagine... imagine us one day having our first child. Me and you" he said as he gazed into the window. I cuddled him closer. "You actually think about that?" I said, stunned that he even had these thoughts. "Yeah.." he looked down at me as he had his arm around me. "I think of us in our own place.. you know, a safe neighborhood near the city. Our little boy or girlf runnin around, screaming and laughing, playing with my keys and messing up your hair.." "Yeah, really looking forward to that part" I said sarcastically and he shook me, chuckling at my remark. 

"No, I mean.. of course they're gonna mess everything up and we'll be tired and scared... but I wanna have a family. And I want it with you one day babe.." he looked down at me. "Aw.. but baby, we gotta get through college first!!" I patted his chest as he laughed and looked into the store once again. His stare was focused and he didn't turn to me. "We just made it outta high school, we're only ki.." "High school... hold that thought babe" he interrupted me, still staring into the store. He ran in the store and approached a girl and I followed him quickly. 

"Alyssa?" he asked. She turned around I realised. It was her. "Oh my God.." she muttered to herself. Her eyelashes batting at us and her green-eyed stare of amusement hit us both. "What are you doing here?" "I thought you went to Ohio?" I asked and stepped forward. "Why would she go to Ohio?" Diggy looked at me. "I didn't. I never went to the boarding school" she said. "So.. so what are you doing here?" Diggy asked. "I live near here" she said nervously. "What's thi.." Diggy pointed at the pushchair but he was interrupted. "Mommy.." we heard a little voice come from below us. A little girl walked around the stack of clothes and tugged at Alyssa's jeans. "Yes baby?" she looked down and attended to the child. "How old is she?" Diggy asked. "What?" Alyssa laughed nervously and picked up the little girl. "You heard what I said" Diggy spoke firmly. I looked at them both and the baby girl between them.  "Almost a year and a half..." Alyssa looked back up at us and spoke slowly. 

I gasped and as did Diggy. I stood back with my hand over my mouth and he was simply stuttering over his words. "So.. so.. is... wait.. what.." "She's your daughter" Alyssa held the baby girl tight in her arms and looked down after speaking. Almost ashamed. The curly haired little girl in her pretty pink dress and white stockings and shoes looked over at Diggy, blinking at him simply, without a clue of what was going on.

Diggy just stared at her, his lips trembling with disbelief and his eyes darting between Alyssa and the baby girl. Me? I walked out the store so quickly, my hand over my face and running down the street, tears beginning to fall. "Y/N, baby wait!!" Diggy called after me and saw me leave. He raced after me, then stopped once he saw I wanted to just run away and be alone. It's like the past couldn't stay past. Like anything couldn't just be perfect and go my way for once...