CHAPTER THIRTEEN

The next morning I've been awaken early by Jewel's soft hand shaking my shoulder saying: "Rise and shine sleepy pants"

- Ugh.... what time is it?

- it's 5 am

- My God Jewel, do you always wake up at this time?

- No, but today we're going for a road trip, dad suggested that you go and see some of the greatest places in the Philippines

- And what that place would be?

- The capital: Manila

- Oh, sure, I'll be with you in 10 minutes

- Take your time Nick, we'll be waiting downstairs

I jumped out of my bed, after making sure Jewel was out of the room (since I didn't want her to see me torso naked wearing a short) went to the luggage and took out of it some new sneakers, a t-shirt and a pant. The usual outfit fit for a trip. I went to do my usual morning routine: Shaving, brushing my hair and teeth. Then I wore the outfit and went downstairs. as I first set foot into the living room, Pasco was there. "Magandang araw po" I said. then Pasco answered me with a wide surprised smile on his face: "Magandang araw din sayo, so you have some Tagalog knowledge?"

- Just a few words I learned before I came here.

- Keep it up lad and you'll be a fluent speaker.

- That's what I am looking forward to do sir, so when we'll go?

- After breakfast, let the ladies prepare it first then we eat and go.

I stood just there, on the couch, without any further talking with Pasco, just a non-stop silence, until Jewel saved me by saying: "Dad, Nick, the table is ready." I went straight to the kitchen, and I found myself surprised by what I saw: eggs, pancakes, coffee and juice. I said to Judy: "Thanks ma'am, but isn't this too much?"

- Oh sweetie, you're our guest, you should be spoiled, and no it's not too much, not even a tiny bit of being too much, it's the normal daily Arvive's breakfast, now sit down and let's start eating before it gets cold.

I eventually implied myself to her and sat on the chair to join them to the lovely breakfast they offered me, the cakes were so sweet, the best ones I've ever eaten in my life, and the coffee, my my.......it was delicious, unlike the black one I was used to drink. We finished our meal in silence and then we took off to our road trip in Pasco's car, it was still dawn here and I could've felt the silence in this small town. I had some nostalgia since my hometown is just like this at dawn and dived into this world of nostalgia until Pasco interrupted it, thank God, saying: " You had enough sleep last night?"

- Yes sir, all thanks to your generous hospitality

- Thanks for the compliment lad. So, how was the ball yesterday? you guys enjoyed the electronic dance?

- Actually sir, only slow dancing occurred between Jewel and I.

- I see... so you seem to be a romantic gentleman too.

- DAD!! screamed Jewel while both of us turned red in now time.

Pasco laughed then turned towards Judy and said:" Told you". Judy laughed and said keeping her laughing mode on: "Okay, you win, again". Jewel and I looked to each other wondering what mystery her parents were hiding from us, we remained in silence for a while till Jewel said: "Mom, dad Anything you'd like to share with us?"

- Well, you see cupcake. Your mom and I had a bet: we were arguing weather you get shy or not if I mentioned the ball to you.

- As you can see, sweetie. Your dad won. Guess I'm a bad gambler after all.