~Chapter 6~

Obi-Wan leads the way as Anakin and I follow behind. We didn't talk the whole walk there and I was clutching Anakin's hand the whole time. Obi-Wan stops in front of a door and gestures us to go in. Anakin comforts me by smiling to try and help ease my nervousness. We enter the room  after I've settled down a bit. Anakin was still holding my hand when we entered the room. My nervousness came back right as we stepped in. I was surrounded by Jedi that I admire so much.

   The Council had all eyes on us and saw that Anakin was holding my hand. They studied us and I studied them. I realised that there were more Jedi I knew in the Council than I thought I did. Master Yoda, Mace Windu, Plo Koon, Ki Adi Mundi and Kit Fisto were the Jedi that I were familiar with in the High Council. There were a few more members that I didn't recognise. One of them was a Togruta, though I couldn't quite remember her name. Master Yoda broke the silence and started the conversation.

   "Fear, I sense in you, Melisa."

   "I'm a little nervous for being in the presence of so many great Jedi."

   "Hmm... admire us, you do. Yes?"

   "Yes master."

   "Know the ways of the Force, you do. Hmm?"

   "Yes, master."

   "Then a Padawan, you shall be. Two more months, stay in my class you shall. Then, visit a Jedi Temple you will. Find your lightsaber crystal. Then, a Padawan you shall be."

   "Yes, master." I said, holding in the excitement as best I could.

   "But master, she doesn't know the basics of lightsaber handling. She could hurt, or worse, kill herself." Mace Windu says, arguing with Master Yoda that I shouldn't be a Padawan considering I was a new youngling.

   "Hmm... know them, she does. Already been taught, she has."

   "I taught her the basics." Anakin interjected.

   Mace Windu stared in shock, but didn't show it. He knew that Anakin might've done something like this. Windu sighs and agrees to Yoda's decision.

   Yoda sent us on our way and once we were out of the room, I jumped for joy as I was so elated that I was going to be a Padawan in two month's time! I couldn't believe it was happening so fast.

   I had won the bet and a deal is a deal, so I get to be Anakin's Padawan. Hopefully he'll complete his apprenticeship before I get assigned to another Jedi Master. I really like him and his teaching style.

   "Well, you won. I was expecting it. Now I just have to finish my apprenticeship so I can be your master."

   "Yup! May the Force be with you on your trials."

   "Haha, thanks. I'll be facing them tomorrow so, I gotta be ready."

   "Well, I hope you succeed. Let's meet again before your trials so I can encourage you."

   "Sure, why not. I need all the help I can get. Fingers crossed that I pass the trials. I'll come by your room to get you."

   "So it's settled then. I'll be waiting for you."

   He hugs me, and I hug him back. He really is my big brother. We part ways and I head back to my room full of smiles. This was turning out to be the best adventure of my lifetime.