~Chapter 13~

°Qui-Gon's POV°
   The Sith's hood never came off despite the countless times that Melisa and I tried to remove it. We only saw glimpses of his face, more specifically, his eyes. Sometimes we saw the lower part of his face but what caught my attention every time, was the Sith's eyes. They were oddly familiar and he emitted a familiar Force energy to one of the senior Jedi Members, but I just couldn't pinpoint who it was.

   I could feel him grin under his hood, thinking that we were fools. I had no clue how Anakin was doing with Maul and that worried me a lot. Melisa on the other hand, was holding up quite well despite her young age. I'm impressed by her abilities and how long she can stand against a very strong Sith.

   I heard the deactivation of a lightsaber in the distance, we were quite far from Anakin and Obi-Wan at this point. I quickly shook the thoughts away and focused on the mysterious Sith Lord that we were fighting.

   Then, I heard footsteps coming to our direction. I immediately thought that Darth Maul had killed Anakin and Obi-Wan. However, the footsteps were rushed, like the person coming to us was eager to join the fight. Darth Maul wouldn't be so hasty so my thoughts told me that either one of the Jedi are coming to help us.

   I felt the Sith Lord's grin turn into a smirk. He focused all his strength on me, completely ignoring Melisa now.I tried to keep up to pace with his strikes but failed. He drove his lightsaber into my abdomen while I was distracted.

   "Arrgh!" The pain hit me after a second the lightsaber made contact with my body. He took it out and deactivated it, running to the other Sith.

   My body went limp and fell to the ground. I slipped in and out of consciousness, trying to hold on for dear life.

°Melisa's POV°
   I locked blades with the Sith Lord, then, out of nowhere, he broke out of the blade lock and went full force for Qui-Gon. I panicked and tried to go to him but I just stood there like an idiot. I tried to will my legs to move but I just stood there, frozen in place like something was holding me back.

   I watched as Qui-Gon faltered and the Sith took this opportunity to drive his lightsaber into Qui-Gon's abdomen. My eyes widened at the scene, shocked at what had just happened.

   "NO!!" I yelled and rushed over to him as his body fell limp to the ground. Tears started to form in my eyes, blurring my vision as I held Qui-Gon's hand, hoping that he wouldn't die. Anakin appeared beside me and I gave him some space.

   "No... no, no, NO! Stay with me Master!" He said in a loud whisper. He looked over to me, tears threatening to fall as he tried to search for answers in my eyes. He looked back at his dying Master, his life Force was getting weaker and weaker as time passed. I reached for my com-link to call for the clones back at the ship we landed a few miles from here.

   I had the urge to hug Anakin, to comfort him, but I held back for I knew that Jedi weren't allowed to love or have attachments to one another. A Jedi must know how to let go but I know Anakin isn't one who likes letting go.

   I realised that Obi-Wan wasn't with us so I looked up from Qui-Gon's body. I saw Obi-Wan's body not far from where we were, unconscious. I ran over to him, leaving Anakin to cry his heart out if he needed to. As soon as I reached Obi-Wan, I knelt down to find his pulse. I let out a sigh of relief as I found it and tried to wake him up.

   I heard the roar of engines as the ship filled with clones landed. They came out with a stretcher to get Qui-Gon but they soon came out with another for Obi-Wan as I didn't manage to wake him up.

   Anakin came over to me with a sad look in his eyes as the clones lifted Obi-Wan to put him onto the stretcher.

   "Hey," he said, "what happened to Obi-Wan?"

   "I think he got knocked out or something. He has a pulse, he's just unconscious at the moment. He should be fine though." I said reassuringly, hoping that I could ease Anakin with that.

   "I see... well, my Master isn't doing very well. I told the clones to take him to the medical bay in the ship but I doubt he'll make it. His pulse is getting weaker as we speak." Sadness filled his tone, mixed with worry that I assume was for his Master.

   He knew that Qui-Gon had little to no chance of survival but for some reason, he just can't let him go and neither can I. I couldn't stop worrying about Anakin and how he was going to cope with all this. He may very well lose two close friends.

-----------------------------------

Short chapter, I know. Couldn't think of much to write and I didn't want to leave you guys hanging for too long.

See you in the next chapter! Buh-bye!