~Chapter 10~

I unbuckled from my seat in the hull and went to my room. I had a room of my own as I was the only girl on board. I went in and sat in the middle of my room, meditating.

   I let myself sink into the Force, the memories of my short life flowing through my mind. I was happy, loved by my family. They must be worried about me since I didn't leave them a note before I left with the Clone. Then, the vision came again.
------------------------------------------------
   Anakin, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and I were fighting off a droid army that was coming for the Senator. Anakin stayed close to Senator Amidala, protecting her. With Obi-Wan staying close to him to see how he fares. Qui-Gon and I were separated from them since Obi-Wan had told me to keep Anakin and his master as far away from each other as possible.

   Suddenly, the droid army stopped shooting. They were not powered down, but seemed to be receiving new orders from either Darth Maul or General Grievous. All four of us still held our sabers at the ready, in case they attack again. Contrary to what we expected, the droids turned and retreated. Then, Darth Maul appeared in front of us.

   Anakin told the Senator to run to the ship while we handled the Sith Lord.
-----------------------------------------------
   Whatever happened next was blurry to me. I could see a fight going on and someone being stabbed through the abdomen with a red lightsaber but couldn't make out who it was. The vision was too much for me to handle and my eyes shot open as if I had awoken from a nightmare.

   I was curled up in a ball lying on the ground, perspiring profusely and breathing deeply, still shocked by the vision, though I had seen it before. I realised that Anakin had been at my door the whole time, leaning on the door frame with a look of shock and worry, waiting for me to wake up.

   The door closed as he walked in and squats in front of me. He looked at me with a concerned look on his face, seeming as though to ask me if I am alright.

°Anakin's POV°
   I let the autopilot take over and unbuckled from the pilot's seat to go talk to Melisa. When I opened the door to her room, she was lying on the ground, curled up in a ball and perspiring profusely.

   I felt with the Force to sense what was wrong, then I realised I couldn't get into her mind. Her mental barrier was stronger than I had anticipated. Unless... she was having a vision.

   I tried to see what that vision was but only caught glimpses of it. Most of it was blurry as I was not the one having the vision.

   A lot of my mental strength had to be used just to penetrate that mental barrier of her's. I was only able to hold on for a few seconds before being kicked out of her mind. Luckily, I was holding onto the door frame so I wouldn't stumble back very far when I was kicked out.

   Just then, Melisa's eyes shot open and she relaxed from her curled up position, her breathing slow and deep from the trauma her vision and given her. I realised that I too, was breathing heavily, likely for the same reason. She slowly recovers as I walk in to talk to her.

°Melisa's POV°
   My breathing returned to normal with the sight of Anakin calming me down. He looked like he had something to say but couldn't seem to find the right words to put it in.

   I stared at him, waiting for him to find the right words. Finally, he decided on what he wanted to tell me.

   "Uh, Melisa. I-I don't know how I should say this or if I even should say this to you." He began.

   "Well? Tell me. I wanna know what is it that you're finding so difficult to tell me, your future Padawan."

   He sighs, still contemplating whether he should be telling me about this thing. He has the urge to tell me, but he isn't for some reason.

   "Well? Anything? If not, then I'll be heading to the lounge to hang with Master Qui-Gon." I said, hoping to get something out of him.

   "Melisa, I. You know what, never mind. Forget I said anything." He said uncertainly.

   I tilted my head and stared him in the eyes for a moment. Then, seeing that he didn't want to talk, I shrugged and walked of to the lounge.

   Qui-Gon was sitting on the sofa, relaxing. I invited myself in and sat down next to him. Obi-Wan was also in the lounge but he was setting up the holo-chess table for a game.

   "Oh, hey Melisa! Care to join me for a game? Master Qui-Gon beat me in the last one, I wonder if you can too." Obi-Wan asked.

   "Hmm, I've never played holo-chess. Can you teach me the basics first?"

   "Of course. I forgot that you were not from our universe. I hope you won't take long to learn the ropes."

   "Haha, don't worry Master Kenobi. I'm a fast learner remember?"

   "Yes, I know. Well, let's not waste time. Come, I'll show you the basics."

   "Okay!"

   Obi-Wan was very patient–as usual–when teaching me. He wasn't expecting me to be able to grasp the whole game in just five minutes of him teaching. When I mastered the basics, his face had a very obvious expression of shock and disbelief.

   I nearly laughed at his expression, but Qui-Gon didn't hold back his little chuckle. Clearly, Obi-Wan had noticed it as his shocked expression turned into a glare at Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan then turned his attention back to me.

   "Let's begin, shall we? I wonder how long you will last." Obi-Wan said with a held back smirk across his face.

   "We shall. I bet I'll be able to beat you, just like Master Qui-Gon did." I replied, not holding back my smirk at all.

   "We'll see about that." He said, now with a more obvious smirk.

   At this point, Qui-Gon had walked over to see our game. Obi-Wan and had I started it and he was winning for the most part. Part of my plan was making him think that he was winning. Then, when he was right where I wanted him to be, I made my come back and took the game. My deception played out perfectly, just as I had planned.

   Obi-Wan had lost and he had a look of disbelief on his face. Qui-Gon laughed at his expression, saying that it was priceless.

   "Qui-Gon, did you tell Melisa your strategy? Her strategy is very similar to yours." Obi-Wan questioned suspiciously, arms folded across his chest to further confirm his suspicion.

   "No, I didn't. What did you think? She used her own method which happened to be the similar to mine." Qui-Gon denied, lifting his hands in the air in a surrender position.

   "He's right Master Kenobi. I'm very good at strategy games if you haven't figured it out already. It seems like I have a gift for that 'cause it comes naturally when I play these types of games." I said, a smirk across my face.

   Obi-Wan sighed and left the lounge in the direction of the hull, bumping into Anakin when he was at the door.

   After Anakin finished talking to Obi-Wan, he walked in. Anakin told us that we would be exiting hyperspace soon and that we should buckle up. Qui-Gon and I nodded, he went to find a seat and I went with Anakin to the hull.

   The ship dropped out of hyperspace and the planet of Alderaan filled the view port. Anakin had taken over from the autopilot and ensured that we entered the atmosphere smoothly. Senator Padmé Amidala was there to greet us on the landing platform when we landed.