~Chapter 26~

°Melisa's POV°
"What?! Pfft, that's impossible! You know I won't dwell in the darkness!"

"See for yourself, kid." His voice was laced with despair and disappointment so I went to look in my mirror. Anakin stayed where he was, head in his hands.

My eyes were the same old dark brown that they were. No traces of red or yellow.

"Anakin, look at me." He did as he was told and his eyes widened in shock.

"Wh-what?! I swore that they were... no... how did you...?"

"They never were red and yellow Anakin. I told you. Why don't you trust me? I would never dwell in the darkness, you know that."

"I can't handle this, I have to go."

"Fine, do what you must. Remember, the Jedi are weak."

"Maybe, maybe not."

I showed him the door and once he left I went over to my bed and just laid down. For some reason I didn't feel like doing anything at all. I felt like I couldn't do anything.

~time skip~

°Melisa's POV°
Ahsoka had left the Jedi Order after they accused her of something. I'm not sure what she was accused of since I was only given very brief and vague details about the case. They realised that it wasn't her doing but it was too late. She felt like she couldn't trust the Order anymore, so she left. I can understand since even her Master was against her. I understand why she wouldn't want to trust the Jedi anymore. Honestly, I have no idea why I haven't left the Order after nearly eight months of living among weaklings.

I can see a change in Anakin's attitude to the Jedi. I'm not sure how that change came about but it's definitely not from what I told him eight months ago. Perhaps it has something to do with the female Senator? What was her name again? Padame? Pad... Padmé. Right. Maybe it's her pregnancy that made Anakin change his attitude. It's clear that Anakin loves her since he wouldn't stop talking about her when I bring her up in our conversations. Either way, I sure do hope that he sees what I see about the Order.

I've done what Palpatine wants me to do. I have seemed out potential threats to him and the only real threats that I see that can do harm to him or kill him, are Master Yoda, Master Windu and maybe Master Kenobi if he's paired with either of the other two Masters. I haven't reported anything to him yet since it took me quite a while to confirm that they can do harm to him.

I just wish the high members of the Council and the Jedi Masters could trust their learners more. I mean, if they don't trust us with the knowledge of the Dark Side, then how will the Jedi continue to fight against it? The Jedi Knights, Padawan learners and the younglings are the Order's future. If we are not trained to handle the Dark Side, then how will we defend the people? How will we show the people that they are safe under the protection of us if we cannot fight the Sith well enough to defeat them? That is why I agreed to help Palpatine. He sees that the Jedi are weak because of that and I saw it once he told me. I hope Anakin saw it when I told him.

"MELISA!!!" Anakin busted into my room and scared the crap out of me.

"Sweet Jesus, mother of god! Why did you scare me like that?! Anyway, what's the problem that you had to come bursting into my room and scaring the crap out of me?"

"The Chancellor has been captured... again."

"Again?!?! Who was it this time?!"

"Count Dooku, or Darth Tyranus if you prefer to call him by his Sith name. He was a member of the Jedi Council until just recently."

"How recent was recent?"

"That's not the point here. What is though, is that we are leaving in just two hours so you better pack your stuff and get ready in the hangar by then."

"WHAT?! Just two hours?! Okay, then. I need you to... get out, get out, get out." I was pushing him towards the door while I was talking so that I would not waste any more time than I have already wasted.

"Okay, okay, okay. Just be ready by then."

"Yes, yes. Now get out."

Palpy - I presume you've heard of my capture, Melisa.

Mel - Yes, Master. I'm preparing for the trip as we speak.

Palpy - Good. Make sure Anakin kills the Count when they fight.

Mel - Yes, Master. What will happen afterwards?

Palpy - Order 66 will commence and you shall be my new apprentice when the Jedi fall under their own might.

Mel - What about Anakin?

Palpy - He will live. He will be part of eliminating the Jedi learners, Padawans and Younglings alike. As for you, you are to stay by my side when Order 66 commences.

Mel - Yes, Master. What will I be doing? Will I be playing a part in the extermination of the Jedi?

Palpy - You will. Once Order 66 is carried out, most of the Jedi will be exterminated. However, there will be a few stragglers that get away so I will need you to hunt then down once the Empire is built and you have received some of my training.

Mel - Yes, Master. Master, I have information of the Jedi that will potentially be a threat to you.

Palpy - And they are?

Mel - Master Yoda, Master Windu and Master Kenobi. Master Kenobi will not be much of a problem on his own, but if he is paired with either of the more powerful Masters, he will be a potential threat. Master Yoda would be able to potentially deal the most damage on you if you cannot keep up to pace with him. Even in his old age, he can be quite fast and have plenty of stamina.

Palpy - What about Master Windu?

Mel - I was just coming to him. Master Windu does tap into the Dark Side for power. He uses a version of Vaapad that feeds off of the surrounding negative energy and because he knows and accepts the darkness within him, he may become very powerful when engaging in fights with you. I suggest you use caution when facing Master Windu and make sure that he cannot feed off of any negative source around the environment because if he does he may be able to overpower you for a moment and that might be enough to end your life.

Palpy - I see. Everything is as I predicted it to be. I can see into the future, my apprentice and that gives me a head start to plan my actions.

Mel - Hmm, interesting. Well I need to be ready, so I'll see you later, Master.

Palpy - Indeed you shall, my apprentice.