~Chapter 11~

Senator Amidala said that she was here on a diplomatic visit. She told us that Senator Bail Organa is her friend and had come to visit him.

   As we walked towards Senator Organa's residents, Senator Amidala asked why we were sent here. Anakin told her a half-truth that we were sent here for her and Senator Organa's protection. Senator Amidala nodded and continued to lead us to Senator Organa's residents.

   While we were walking, I sensed an odd shift in the Force.

   The Dark Side. It was growing stronger.

   Anakin, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon sensed it too as they looked at each other with concerning looks. Although my senses were not as attuned as theirs, I still sensed the Dark Side looming in the surroundings.

   Suddenly, a droid army appeared out of nowhere, which hinted that the Separatists were near. Where ever the Separatists were, Grievous or Maul would not be far behind. Perhaps waiting for an opportune moment to strike.

   We drew our lightsabers and prepared for a fight. The droids came at us from all directions, slowly advancing and blocking a means to escape if we needed one.

   Anakin gave a nod and the four of us bursts into action, Anakin staying near Senator Amidala the whole time to protect her.

   Qui-Gon and I had broken off from Anakin and Obi-Wan to hopefully create a distraction. It wasn't working well as the droids were focused on killing the Senator.

   The droids were swarming us. We had no choice but to keep fighting, there were no breaks between attacks and we had no backup to call for. No help whatsoever but we kept fighting, calling on the Force to sustain our stamina.

   After a few moments, I realised what was happening.

   My vision.

   It was becoming a reality.

   The droids would fall back soon and the Sith Lord will confront us.

   Despite the worry building up in my mind, I focused on staying alive. Qui-Gon was about to die, I just knew it. He was a great Jedi Master and he will be remembered for that.

   My mind suddenly shifted to Anakin. His Master was about to die in the hands of a Sith Lord. I feared that his mindset would be unstable and turn to seeking revenge for his Master.

   The firing sounds from a blaster from a droid drew me out of my thoughts, pushing them aside. I had to be focused and stay alive to be able to help them.

   To help Anakin.

   I made up my mind to focus on destroying the droids. The Dark Side still loomed over us, it was intoxicating. I knew about the Dark Side and it's powers. I know what is does to those who wield it, embraced it.

   It was calling to me. My fear for the reality of my vision only making it stronger.

   I tried to forget my fear but I just couldn't. Not after knowing what was going to happen after the droids fell back.

   I was shot in the left shoulder as I was too distracted by my thoughts. I winced in pain but kept fighting, the victory of this fight being the only thing driving me forward.

   Then it happened.

   My vision was becoming more and more real when the droids suddenly stopped attacking. The five of us were back together, standing back to back.

   The Senator surprisingly had a weapon on her and I didn't realise it until now. We were all anticipating the droids to start attacking once more but they just stood there for what seemed like half an hour of silent staring.

   The silence was intoxicating but as I thought if this, the droids fell back. They ran out of sight, never to be seen again until out next fight.

   As the droids left, Senator Amidala put down her weapon. While the three other Jedi deactivated their lightsabers but held them in their hand. I was the only one with my lightsaber still activated.

   "Relax young one, the droids have retreated. There's nothing to worry about now." Qui-Gon assured.

   I knew I should listen but I also knew that my vision told my instincts that Darth Maul would appear soon.

   "Easy now, Melisa. The threat is over. Let's just go to Senator Organa's place." Anakin said, trying to convince me to put down my weapon.

   I let out a sigh and said, "don't you sense it? The Dark Side, its becoming more and more... intoxicating. Don't you sense it? How come I'm the only one that does? Even during the fight, the presence of the darkness was still there. Why can't you sense it?"

   The three of them showed a worried look on their face. Their grips tightening on their sabers.

   "Melisa, are you sure you're... alright? I can sense a lot of fear in you. You need to calm down or else, well... you know what'll happen if you don't. I just don't want to see you become one of... them. Please, don't be this way." Anakin said, half worried for me and half pleading me to forget about it.

   But I couldn't.

   My vision was crystal clear in my mind. Nothing they do can erase it.

   I looked to the ground, closing my eyes at the same time. Trying to sense if he was here.

   He was already here. Staring at us, observing us.

   My eyes shot open, I looked up and turned around as quickly as I could. There he was, the Sith Lord in my vision, Darth Maul. A second figure walked up behind him, hooded so we couldn't see it's face.

   There was only one Sith Lord in my vision, but now there are two. What did that mean? I had no clue.

   I was just staring at them, frozen in fear. No Padawan, youngling or Jedi has faced a Sith at my age. The pure horror of it was too much for someone so young, yet I chose to go with them. I wasn't ready, I knew I wasn't, yet I still insisted on coming on the mission.

   This was a terrible mistake. I knew I was going to die.